DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Went "completely" back to stock with a few weird things

1. Droid
    Member #

Went "completely" back to stock with a few weird things

I recently went back to stock, so I could update to 2.1. (I used the youtube video below to do so.) When I did everything went exactly as said but I what I thought was weird is when it booted back up it kept my wall paper I had before and every app got removed except my BIC lighter app. I thought this was really funny considering I removed wiped the cache and did a factory reset.

Also, all my contacts were preserved viz Gmail, which is freaking awesome. +1 for google

3. Droid
    Member #
    Now that I look at it, It seems that the Droid is redownloading all my old apps for me (they keep popping up). If so, wow, amazing work for google.
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MK17 View Post
    I recently went back to stock, so I could update to 2.1. (I used the youtube video below to do so.) When I did everything went exactly as said but I what I thought was weird is when it booted back up it kept my wall paper I had before and every app got removed except my BIC lighter app. I thought this was really funny considering I removed wiped the cache and did a factory reset.

Also, all my contacts were preserved viz Gmail, which is freaking awesome. +1 for google

YouTube - Motorola Droid - How to UNROOT your device - The EASY way!
    thats not actually uncommon for the wallpaper to stay but the app not being unistalled a bit weird. i mean if you backed up settings to google than all your apps should re-install
  5. Droid
    Member #
    They all didn't come back, but that's fine. I was prepared to install them all.

I am much happier with 2.1 unrooted now. It's so much faster than it was with my previous custom OC'ed ROM. I'm going to get everything set up perfectly... then start rooting with 2.1 :P Wireless tether makes rooting most definitely worth it.
  6. Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MK17 View Post
    They all didn't come back, but that's fine. I was prepared to install them all.

I am much happier with 2.1 unrooted now. It's so much faster than it was with my previous custom OC'ed ROM. I'm going to get everything set up perfectly... then start rooting with 2.1 :P Wireless tether makes rooting most definitely worth it.
    wireless tether is huge! also when you re-rooted check out redrumchaos, its insanely fast and smooth, best of luck

Links