DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: How hard would it be ?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

How hard would it be ?

I find that I have about 8-10 people that I regularly call or text that I'd like to keep on one home screen. Alas currently I have both direct dial and mms direct icons duplicated on two home screens.

How hard would it be to have a long press direct dial while the quick press still brings up the standard contact bubble with the various contact options. I don't mind clicking the little green face if I'm initiating a text but would really like a long press to fire up a direct dial.

Gauntlet Thrown Down
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by balaams_ass View Post
    I find that I have about 8-10 people that I regularly call or text that I'd like to keep on one home screen. Alas currently I have both direct dial and mms direct icons duplicated on two home screens.

How hard would it be to have a long press direct dial while the quick press still brings up the standard contact bubble with the various contact options. I don't mind clicking the little green face if I'm initiating a text but would really like a long press to fire up a direct dial.

Gauntlet Thrown Down
    As far as I know, there's no way to get a long-press event on an icon or widget. Long-press is reserved for selecting the widget to move it or delete it.
    Cool CM Tricks
    custom_backup_list.txt - make a list of files in /system that will survive a nightly install (ringtones, notifications, system apps, wallpapers, whatever)
    in Terminal Emulator, set this as your shell command: "/system/xbin/su -c /system/xbin/bash". You get all the features of bash, root access, and you can still use the initial command field for whatever you want (default is adding /data/local/bin to your path)
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I have seen apps in the market that did something similar or at least claim to. You click on a picture of the person and options pop up "call cell, text, e-mail" I even used one at one point. It was slow and buggy, but it wasn't terrible (this was prior to me overclocking though). I stopped using it because I am lame and don't really have that many people I call or text often. I don't recall the name of the app though. A quick glance on the market seems like quite a few fit the bill (kinda). I searched for "contact widget" without quotes.
  4. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    VZW Moto Droid + N900 ;)
    AnyCut.

Download from market.

Enjoy.

E

Links