since he deleted the original unroot/unbrick post here, i got it from alldroid for you guys. i take no credit, this is all ikithme and those that he credits (also listed here).
I take no credit for the release of the .sbf file nor any of Motorola's software or drivers
IF THIS IS DONE WRONG IT CAN AND WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE BEYOND REPAIR OF EVEN VERIZON SINCE THIS IS THE TOOL THEY USE! DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR PHONE DURING THE PROCESS! I WILL NOT OFFER SUPPORT AND NOR SHOULD ANYONE ELSE! IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING PLEASE LEAVE RIGHT NOW.
THIS COMPLETELY WIPES YOUR PHONE AND REFLASHES IT! YOU WILL NEED TO REACTIVATE YOUR PHONE WHEN THIS FINISHES!
Reactivate means dialing *228 in the phone app and choosing option 1, for those that don't know.
2.0.0 VZW_A855_ESD20_QSC6085BP_C_01.3B.01P_SW_UPDATE.sbf (.sbf file)
2.0.1 VZW_A855_ESD56_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.01P_SW_UPDATE_03. sbf (.sbf file)
B. RSDLite4.6.7z (RSDLite 4.6)
http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/Co ... _4.2.0.zip (32-bit Motorola USB Drivers)
http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/Co ... _4.2.0.zip (64-bit Motorola USB Drivers)
1. Download all of the files above including the 32-bit OR 64-bit Motorola USB Drivers.
2. Install RSDLite 4.6 AND the 32-bit or 64-bit Motorola USB Drivers (Depends on your system most will need 32-bit some will need 64-bit)
3. Connect your phone to USB and turn it off then while your phone is booting hold up on the DPAD.
4. Run RSD Lite 4.6 as Administrator (For all you Vista and 7 folks out there. If you are using XP you may not need to run as Administrator)
5. Click the ... next to the filename box and browse to where you saved the .sbf file and double click the .sbf file.
6. Hit start and below it should give you completion progress and all of that.
7. Once your phone is done being flashed (It may take a while so don't unplug it) it will reboot and you will be back at stock 2.0.1 no root.
dordodim for the sbf file.
Motorola for the awesome phone, usb drivers and RSDLite (Thanks Ron for pointing out where I could find the USB Drivers and RSDLite)
If I missed someone in the credits please tell me and I will make sure to add them. Thanks!
If you do not see Run as Administrator in the right click menu for RSDLite, then you need to hold Shift while right clicking.
If you are on a Mac, you will need to get VMWare and install Windows. DO NOT USE BOOT CAMP, NOBODY HAS TESTED BOOT CAMP BUT VMWARE IS CONFIRMED TO WORK.
When the flash is complete, you will need to re-enable USB Debugging for adb to work, and if you are on a computer that has not used adb before, you will need to install the Motorola USB Debug ADB Driver. You can check that this driver is installed in device manager with the phone plugged in, look for ADB or motorola adb driver.
If RSDLite does not see your phone, you need to run it as Administrator. IF it still does not see your phone, see below (thanks wazhere)