DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Unroot/Unbrick using .sbf post from -ikithme-

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    Quote Originally Posted by mexkoala View Post
    yeah i did it once before to unroot and everything went fine but then vz came up with an update that killed my battery so i did it again but this time it is stuck in the bootloader screen saying service required, memory map blank Low battery cannot program.
    So if it's not too much trouble for you, could you please tell us exactly which files you used. And was it for the Droid X or Droid 1? I know it's asking alot of you to do.
  2. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mexkoala View Post
    yeah i did it once before to unroot and everything went fine but then vz came up with an update that killed my battery so i did it again but this time it is stuck in the bootloader screen saying service required, memory map blank Low battery cannot program.
    So you used the files for the Droid X? It is important to know which ones then we can go from there.

At any rate if that is the message you are getting then you need to charge your battery somehow. Whether it be an exernal charger or someone else who has the same phone and can help you out.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (Verizon)
    I was given this phone. Previous owner rooted, installed superuser, and later unrooted leaving the superuser on phone. Now all updates fail with the exclamation point. The phone works but I'd like to get the phone back to stock without the superuser so I can get other droid updates installed. I'm using rsd 4.6 lite. Downloaded a few sbf but used 22 most often Downloaded drivers for xp. I clicked update to make sure they are updated. RSL will say executed 100% waiting for renumeration. Then says fail. Phone did not reply to ram. Been trying to fix this for a month so any help would be so appreciated . Teddy you seem to really know what you are doing. Any advice? Edit: Some other information: I'm running 2.2 I fear superuser may be stopping the process. While the phone is connected via a usb cord its not a "hi-speed 2.0 usb so a biox pops up when I connect the phone to it. I'm using Windows XP. I'm going to attach 2 print screens to what I see.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Unroot/Unbrick using .sbf post from -ikithme--flashing-failed.jpg   Unroot/Unbrick using .sbf post from -ikithme--flashing-failed-2.jpg  
    Last edited by Gallo; 04-07-2012 at 04:52 PM.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    Well, you could try one of three things.

1. Do nothing as there isn't anything in the update from FRG83G that will make your phone perform any better.
    2. Try plugging into another USB port and trying this again. Or sometimes it takes a different computer.
    3. Try my Unroot your Droid WITHOUT RSD Lite guide as it has instructions for using stock recovery and has an official OTA file that should pass stock recovery. If you want the latest master OTA, go to my collection and find the one named:

signed-voles-FRG83G-ota.zip

Just follow the whole guide as I think you need to rename the file.

good luck
    Last edited by teddyearp; 04-08-2012 at 12:12 PM.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (Verizon)
    OK my update gets around 20%-30% in and then says signature verification failed. Any advice? I do not know what that implies.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    I assume that means you were trying my suggestion #3 above? If so, I don't know either as if it's going to fail for signature verification, it should fail right away as I thought that is the first thing it checks. Then again it could be because of the Superuser still there. So:

1. re-root the phone and try the guide in #3 above again.
    2. Try to get RSD Lite to work somehow.

good luck
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    Not to worry about being brand new, we were all brand new once, but you seem to be doing just fine, just read and sometimes re-read the info and you will soon get a handle on it. The only thing you have to watch out for is that some of the stuff still out there is out of date and either doesn't work anymore or needs some of the files updated. Like the .sbf files in this thread that make me wonder why it is still 'stickied', or the 'stickied' rooting thread in the main Motorola Droid section here.

Anyways, I've got a couple of guides (linked in my sig) on my site to root, one of them basically links to the a really good write up here at this site, but it requires RSD Lite:

Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

I have another that doesn't require RSD Lite. Once you do that then yes, "clockwork" is what you would use. However, it is not "uploaded". What it is is a custom recovery that will replace your stock one (The ! inside the triangle) and it already has the signature verification turned off so that you could then use the #3 guide of mine.

I didn't want to go too far, just wanted to give you some more research and hopefully clear a thing or two up.

good luck
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    OK Gallo, I don't know where you are now, but after looking at my 'unroot' guide, it seems as though my file(s) would probably fail for the version of Android on your A855 phone. Though you now haven't been back to this thread in a few days, I hope you have fixed your problem(s). or you can now take another look at my unrooting guide as it should work better for you.

good luck
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (Verizon)
    Quote Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
    OK Gallo, I don't know where you are now, but after looking at my 'unroot' guide, it seems as though my file(s) would probably fail for the version of Android on your A855 phone. Though you now haven't been back to this thread in a few days, I hope you have fixed your problem(s). or you can now take another look at my unrooting guide as it should work better for you. good luck
    OK some good news Teddy. Ive made some progress. I also was able to turn off signature verification. My phone is now rooted for sure. I'm now running frg83g. Is that the latest OTA update for the original Droid? Thanks for all your help!!!
    Last edited by Gallo; 04-13-2012 at 10:01 AM.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    Good. And FRK76 is the latest. It will bring you from android 2.2.2 (the version you have now) to android 2.2.3, a difference you will not notice at all.
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Links