DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashing SPRecovery SBF to Stock 2.1

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Driod

Flashing SPRecovery SBF to Stock 2.1

Im sorry about bad english okay.. so I find this rooted for 2.1 on ESE81

I installed for Motorola USB already but I tried find not there "RSD Lite run as administrator" on Motorola USB

Any Idea about that?

also check it out yourself Video: Flashing SPRecovery SBF to Stock 2.1 | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog
    Im running on now:
    Ultimate Driod 9.8

Longest Battery Life

Mark

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    I did this tonight and indeed it does work perfectly. I'm now running stock 2.1 rooted!

As for the run as administrator, just right click on the RDS Lite shortcut, go to properties, click on the compatibility tab and check Run as administrator and you should be fine.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Driod
    I tried not find on right click run as administrator still no luck for me

I installed RSD Lite v4.6 and I running window vista
    Im running on now:
    Ultimate Driod 9.8

Longest Battery Life

Mark
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Right click, go to PROPERTIES and then click on the COMPATIBILITY tab, you should see the option then.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by txskeets View Post
    Right click, go to PROPERTIES and then click on the COMPATIBILITY tab, you should see the option then.
    I am running Vista 64 also. When I right click the RSD Lite Icon (desktop short cut or programs list icon) there is no compatibility tab. Sorry to break the news to you all.

If you are logged into an account with administrator privliges it would seem to be a moot point to try and run it as administrator since you already are administrator. Vista will prompt you if you have user account controls active though and you can just answer the prompts. I turned UAC off a long time ago so I can't remmeber what the prompts are. Sorry.

Nate
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    My bad, I'm running Windows 7 and have that option, thought it was also available in Vista. Nate is right though, if your already an administrator of your machine, then it should not make any difference.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Driod
    ok alright I will check on my mom computer later and she running Window 7 with ACER "22" touchscreen I hope if work on her computer!
    Im running on now:
    Ultimate Driod 9.8

Longest Battery Life

Mark
  9. budmonster
    what is the difference between this method and the one i did? are their different versions of ese81 or something?

i was on petes bb 2.1 and wanted to start fresh. i unrooted back to stock 2.0.1, rooted again using the update zip, then flashed 2.1 ESE81 from rom manager (im assuming this ese81 was from pete) and finally flashed CM 5.0.5.7 using rom manager.

I know my was tedious, but i wanted to start clean... But are there any beniefits if i "flash sprecovery sbf to stock 2.1"? Or is the way i did it fine?
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by budmonster View Post
    what is the difference between this method and the one i did? are their different versions of ese81 or something?

i was on petes bb 2.1 and wanted to start fresh. i unrooted back to stock 2.0.1, rooted again using the update zip, then flashed 2.1 ESE81 from rom manager (im assuming this ese81 was from pete) and finally flashed CM 5.0.5.7 using rom manager.

I know my was tedious, but i wanted to start clean... But are there any beniefits if i "flash sprecovery sbf to stock 2.1"? Or is the way i did it fine?
    I dunno...did you get what you wanted? If so, you did it the right way. If not, you may want to try the other way.

I was running 2.1 ESE53 and used SBRecovery to go back to 2.0.1 stock. Then went OTA 2.1 from Vz. It worked too.

I have used RSD Lite to reflash back to stock. That worked.

Like anything in computers...there is always more than one way to skin the cat.

Nate (who really doesn't like cats anyway)
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Hey guys... I just got superuser access on my new stock OTA 2.1 Droid, without having to downgrade to 2.0.1! Here's the guide I followed (credit to whoever wrote this), which is quite complete even if you are a noob at everything. Guide contains all links you need. Some notes/snags I encountered will follow:

Install SPrecovery:

Download and install RSDlite 4.6 from the web :
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/cycwzg0j15b/RSDLite4.6.msi

Download and install motorola USB drivers 32 bit or 64 bit as applicable :
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/gtgjmv4z3qq/USB_Drivers_32_bit_4.2.0.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/file/eznivjnzmml/USB_Drivers_64_bit_4.2.0.zip

Download [mbm]'s sbf file from Droidmod.org :
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/fpkzlmxzywr/SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf

Open RSDlite

navigate to the and select .sbf file you downloaded above.
    http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz48/radar3d/RSDlite/Rsdlite1.png

Power off your phone.

Slide keyboard open.

Connect USB cable between phone and computer.

Press up on D-Pad Normally your phone will turn on when you plug it in so you need to press up on D-Pad immediately, then if it did not come on, while holding up on the D-Pad Power up your phone.

In RSDlite you should now see your phone connected if not select “show device” .
    http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz48/radar3d/RSDlite/RSDlite2.png

Press “Start”

Your phone will reboot at about the 26% spot in the progression (this is normal for THIS .sbf)
    once your phone reboots you are done and you can close RSDlite even though it will warn you that you could ruin your phone.

You now have Sprecovery installed on your 2.1 phone.

---Next---

Rooting Phone:

Download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/2mequhzoj4j/su

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dwzjzmjj2lf/Superuser.apk

reboot phone into recovery mode by shutting down phone and then holding the “X” while powering phone up.

This should boot you into the Sprecovery (if not something went wrong with installing Sprecovery)

select “Mount Options”

Select “Mount /system”

then in a terminal window/command prompt from you PC use a couple of adb commands (assuming you have (Android SDK installed on your PC) if not Download it here:
    http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

Do step 2 here:
    http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing.html

then:

In a terminal window (linux) Command prompt (windows)

Navigate to the folder you downloaded the two files into.

adb push su /system/bin/su

adb push Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apk

adb shell "/system/bin/chmod 6755 /system/bin/su"

adb shell "/system/bin/chmod 644 /system/app/Superuser.apk"

reboot phone to normal mode, open Android Terminal Emulator if you have it installed if not get it from market then open terminal window and type su if you get a # you have successfully gained root "superuser" access to your phone.
    Notes:

• RSDLite failed to flash for me on my Win7 laptop (and yes it was run as admin). Rather than trying too hard to figure out why, I tried it on my XPSP3 desktop and it worked fine.
    • The guide links to Motorola 4.2.0 drivers. I already had 4.5.0 drivers installed which worked fine
    • If installing the SDK for the first time, refer to the installation instructions link to add the TOOLS path to your environment variables path, so you can run the ADB command from anywhere without having to worry about where it is
    • Copy the su and superuser.apk files to a short path without any spaces in the folder names such as "c:\ESE81_su", and run the adb commands from there. Otherwise command may hang and never work. When it does work it happens instantly.
    • Make sure you install "Android Terminal Emulator" not the one just called "Terminal Emulator"

Success! Essentially, you can now root stock 2.1 without downgrading. This is what I was waiting for! You won't lose or need to reinstall anything at all. Kick ass.
    Last edited by Phreaker47; 04-14-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Links