DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Upgraded to ud10 how do I get my data back?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Upgraded to ud10 how do I get my data back?

I just updated to ultimate droid 10 and since you have to wipe I lost all my data and apps. I normally just would restore the data from my previous rom but when I tried with this rom the phone loads up and I get endless fc's. Does anyone know how I'm supposed to get all my apps and settings into ud10? I'd Love to update from 9.8 but I don't want to have to manually install everything again.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (ROOT)
    Contacts and what have you will Sync back. Apps will need to be reinstalled etc. Its a new revision and clearly stated you would be required to clear the system before install.
    *Disclaimer: I tend to speak what pops in my head immediately when it happens. As a result when I type it, the idea sounds great.. more often than not I realize after the fact that I was incorrect or shoot down my own theories. Flaming me does no good as I most likely have done it myself already.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Re: Upgraded to ud10 how do I get my data back?

Damn I was hoping there was a way around doing it manually since I was able to just do a sprecovery when I made the jump to 9.8 and got it all back that way. Is this going to always have to be done now with all new updates or is there a reason for this one requiring it
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid1 -> X2
    Titanium Backup or Astro?
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Last night I tried installing UD10 but it was very late and I couldn't mess with it any longer, but I have been using Titanium Backup to restore when I check out different ROM's. However, I was getting Google Market FC's right and left, and no matter what, even if it appeared that T.B. had got them back for me, it didn't work. I don't know if a solution was ever found, but T.B. is usually a good way to restore data.
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (ROOT)
    As I understand it was recommended due to the drastic code alterations so no issues or conflicts arose.
    *Disclaimer: I tend to speak what pops in my head immediately when it happens. As a result when I type it, the idea sounds great.. more often than not I realize after the fact that I was incorrect or shoot down my own theories. Flaming me does no good as I most likely have done it myself already.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Re: Upgraded to ud10 how do I get my data back?

does t.b restore the settings you had with the apps and is there a way to backup all instead of each individually?
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by philc21 View Post
    does t.b restore the settings you had with the apps and is there a way to backup all instead of each individually?
    Yes it saves/restores settings. And yes you can do them in bulk if you purchase (donate) via his site (paypal). You then will get an e-mail with a license file, you put that on your SD card. And you can then do a batch restore, and backup.

E2A link to site http://www.matrixrewriter.com/android/
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by cupfulloflol View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by philc21 View Post
    Yes it saves/restores settings. And yes you can do them in bulk if you purchase (donate) via his site (paypal). You then will get an e-mail with a license file, you put that on your SD card. And you can then do a batch restore, and backup.

E2A link to site Titanium Backup for Android ★ Official Site
    Does T.B. save the home screen layout and shortcuts? Background image?
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by voydas View Post
    Does T.B. save the home screen layout and shortcuts? Background image?
    Shortcuts like browser shortcuts, I believe so. I actually don't use any to verify this. I assume they would be stored with whatever browser you are using. Also, I don't back up system apps.

The program can backup system apps, so yes in theory it could backup screen layout and wallpapers. They are stored in whatever you use for your home (launcher, launcher2, Helix....etc). You can back this up, but most ROMs come with new ones (and often improved ones). Restoring these could become a problem, if you don't uninstall the one that comes with the ROM. Also, not all launchers will work with all ROMs. But...if you really wanted to I guess you could save your layout by backing up that particular .apk I haven't investigated if it works though. It really doesn't take me that long to set up a few screens like I had it before, although my setup isn't as crazy as some people get with a shortcut to every single app in their drawer. I tend to not back up /system apps, since ROMs include their own.

About wallpapers getting backed up. Livewallpapers are apps, so they get backed up with all the other apps. All the market ones do at least, the default LWP will come with your new ROM. The default wallpapers are in whatever launcher you are using, like the screen layout above. So, yes in theory. They would probably be easier to pull out and just put on your sdcard if you really can't live without whatever one it is, and that picture isn't on your next ROM. All wallpapers you download though should be on your sdcard (gallery), except the live wallpapers.

So yes, at least in theory you can backup your screen setup, but I wouldn't recommend it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links