DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Is rooting easy to use?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    bionic

Is rooting easy to use?

I was wondering if Rooting the Droid something easy to use if you are not a Techy kinda a person? I jailbroke my Ipod Touch and it was extremely user friendly on how to use the hack. But as im reading on the rooting for the Droid, everything seems to be in IT lingo and for those of us who are not in that field, it just seems like a lot to take in when you don't understand what all these terms mean. so before i take the leap, i was wondering how user friendly is rooting the phone? I just got my phone. it came with 2.1 already installed from VW

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid/G-Nex
    It is overly friendly. Before you do anything take the time to read; familiarize yourself with the processes, the roms, etc. Keep in mind that participating is against your TOS, and even though it seems nearly impossible to brick a Droid, it could still happen.

90% (completely made up, yet obnoxiously accurate) of the problems with individual rom's and the rooting process are user errors because they did not follow directions, or tried making shortcuts. Fortunately, the great minds of our current developers in the field are making things such as rooting more and more simple for the community. Props to them.

Links