DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Rooting which rom?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Rooting which rom?

I think I'm going to root my room, I know it voids my warranty but I have insurance on and know the "Evil" of rooting. I would like to get more battery life out of my Droid I just got it 3 days ago I tried different battery apps and whatnot and its been fully charged but still its lasts no longer than 5-6 hours when I'm using it. I heard that apps make your droids battery life last way longer.

I love to constantly download apps, music, and other stuff. is there a ROM that fits me?

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Try them all and see which one fits your likes the best. There are tons of good ROMs out there, and different people have different experiences with different ROMs. So your best bet is to try a few.
  4. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Cup's advice is good advice. Keep trying until you find one that you like and works well on your phone.

Mike
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I have one more question also Is there a easy way to back up all my original files in case I want to revert. Or upgrade SD cards
  6. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    I believe that Astro will on non rooted phones. If your phone is rooted then Titanium is the app for you.

Mike
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Team Chaos Redrum v1.1 @1gz
    If your phone is new give the battry a chance. When I got mine the battery was awful so right away I got a second one to crry with me, but after a few battery cycles it got better. Now I hardly use my backup battery. Also I tried every rom that is on this site and all were very good, but I actually went back to stock, but I kept root so I could use barnacle wifi tether and a few other root only apps. In my two to three week period of trying other roms and overclock kernals and suck I went back after my GF got a droid and I noticed that her stock oem droid was much snappier than mine was running any rom. If you do want a rom tho I would recommend simply stunning, by far the one I had the best experience with or if you are new try rom manager after obtaining root. I definitely like my stock 2.1 rom with root priveledges. No fc's snappy as hell i just looks slightly less pretty. Also for battery life make sure your brightness is down except in very sunny areas and check your battery use in settings>phone info to see what you could cut back on to save some.

Links