DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using Verizon Moto Droid on Cricket Network?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Touch Pro, Moto Droid

Question Using Verizon Moto Droid on Cricket Network?

Hi everyone,

I recently have the Verizon Moto Droid and would like to use it on cricket network. Is there a way to do that? Firmware: 2.0, baseband: C_01.3B.01P

Tks for your input.

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    I have no idea what the Cricket network is but if it isn't CDMA then it will never work.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Touch Pro, Moto Droid
    wow, tks for fast reply. Cricket is CDMA network like sprint, verizon, alltel, and MetroPCS.
    Code:
    www.mycricket.com
    Last edited by treoluv; 04-09-2010 at 06:42 PM.
  5. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    VZW Moto Droid + N900 ;)
    Technically it's possible. If Cricket will give you the activation information to go on their network *AND* if they use the same CDMA frequencies that VZW uses *in your area*.

I'd bet money they won't... but I'd be happy to be proven wrong *and* overjoyed to not only be proven wrong but get the info on what they tell you
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Touch Pro, Moto Droid
    They said I have to have my phone flash to cricket which relates to the whole bunch of mess like PRL, SPC, ESN and MDN etc... In addition, I'm completely new to android. Furthermore, I'm in D.C area, which according to them, I have to have tri-band CDMA phone in order not to pay for roamming charge.

There are some guys in San Diego, CA can do it for hefty price $65. I also don't know if I decide to root, load another ROM, etc... then I have to send them the phone and shell out another $65; because the simple job like reset SPC code to 000000, they charge $15. What the highway robbers!!
    Code:
    http://www.flashingexpert.com/android-flashing.html
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by treoluv View Post
    Hi everyone,

I recently have the Verizon Moto Droid and would like to use it on cricket network. Is there a way to do that? Firmware: 2.0, baseband: C_01.3B.01P

Tks for your input.
    Yes I have the same phone with cricket service
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    The Killer Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by MoToDrOiD2 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Tks for your input.
    Yes I have the same phone with cricket service

What kind of speed can you get with cricket services? Can you
    run a website where it tells u you're upstream and down stream?
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    D2 - Team DeFuse
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    They said I have to have my phone flash to cricket which relates to the whole bunch of mess like PRL, SPC, ESN and MDN etc... In addition, I'm completely new to android. Furthermore, I'm in D.C area, which according to them, I have to have tri-band CDMA phone in order not to pay for roamming charge.

There are some guys in San Diego, CA can do it for hefty price $65. I also don't know if I decide to root, load another ROM, etc... then I have to send them the phone and shell out another $65; because the simple job like reset SPC code to 000000, they charge $15. What the highway robbers!!
    Code:
    On HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - HowardForums Home someone posted a how to on getting the droid to work. I have not tried but I am tempted too. Currently I am on PagePlus. They only offer 20MB of data with their unlimited talk and text plan but that has not been an issue for me until recently. I looked at Cricket and was thinking of signing up with them and that's where I found the info on the forum I just linked. If you do end up doing it yourself can you let me(us) know about how it worked.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    The Killer Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by MotaBoy View Post

Code:
    On HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - HowardForums Home someone posted a how to on getting the droid to work. I have not tried but I am tempted too. Currently I am on PagePlus. They only offer 20MB of data with their unlimited talk and text plan but that has not been an issue for me until recently. I looked at Cricket and was thinking of signing up with them and that's where I found the info on the forum I just linked. If you do end up doing it yourself can you let me(us) know about how it worked.

Don't they have a unlimited web? If so that include unlimited internet, so tethering to a pc should have unlimited. If you go with html package
  11. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    D2 - Team DeFuse
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rcjames View Post
    Don't they have a unlimited web? If so that include unlimited internet, so tethering to a pc should have unlimited. If you go with html package
    PagePlus does not but I believe cricket does.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links