DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 Droid Boot Animations

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

2 Droid Boot Animations

Hi all,

I just wanted to share a couple of boot animations that I made up.

The first is the eye of Sauron (inspired by the stock boot animation that everyone calls, the eye of Sauron): EYE_OF_SAURON_DROID_BOOTANIMATION.zip - EYE_OF_SAURON_DROID_BOOTANIMATION.zip - Dedicated Web Hosting Service

The second is an 2002 MR2 Spyder...it spins to indicate how far the device has booted. The car is black, and it spins within an orange oval: SPINNING_MRS_DROID_BOOTANIMATION.zip - SPINNING_MRS_DROID_BOOTANIMATION - Dedicated Web Hosting Service

My system does not seem to like uploading to these forums...if someone wants to download these files and re-upload them to the droidforums.net server, please do it.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    NeverEndingXsin
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    hmmm my computer wouldnt upload them either onto these servers, very interesting. well im gonna try out these boot animations and see how they look
    Twitter? Follow Me @NeverEndingXsin

Google+ Invites? Yeah i got them
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    BTW...if you like the spinning MR2 Spyder, but would prefer a different car in it's place, I can make these up relativly easily...I just need a 3D model of the car that works with something I have.

The MR2 I made is made from a Gran Turismo 4 model...so I can do this for any GT4 car, in any color that GT4 has (I don't load the model into my software; I just record the output from the game). If you want something from GT4, just post the make/model/year/color...if you have any wheel or spoiler preferences, post those too; otherwise I will just use stock.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    NeverEndingXsin
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Thanks, i will try these out during classes tomorrow, since i gotta be up in a few hours and ill let you know what i think of them
    Twitter? Follow Me @NeverEndingXsin

Google+ Invites? Yeah i got them
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC ROOTED
    That spinning MR2 is a frickin awesome idea... but it cuts off and screen goes dark too soon... stays dark till the phone is finished booting... almost scared me ... thought something went wrong but it's just the bootanimation ending too soon....

Do you have any customized cars in that GT4??
    Maybe the Nissan GTR ... black ... bodykits ... blue background???

Just throwin that out there... but you should really go for refining that bootanimation and then go ahead and start putting out all the car models for the car lovers in the house...

You will soon be famous here in Droidland with a whole buttload of models and colors and full customs to choose from...

Think about opening a donate link... there's money to be made here....

Damn I was just lookin at it again... way cool... the resolution on the MR2 itself is outstanding... figure out that deal where it's cutting off too soon and get some more models out there bro!!!!

Nice work!!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Can anyone please tell me if there is a way to preview my custom boot animation without installing it on my Droid? Can I run it using the Android SDK emulator?
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    The cut-to-black is because it was designed to only last the 8 seconds it took my phone to boot (with 2.0.1, it only got about 3/4 of a turn). I didn't even notice this until I updated to 2.1 and now have much longer boot times and longer SETCPU scores. I will have to redo the text file so that it repeats for slower booting roms...and I will probably have to revert from 2.1; as it is incredibly slow. I will also be adding a Toyota logo above the car, and a "MR2 Spyder" tag below it...so consider the spinning car to be a pre-beta.

As for the idea of making one for each car: there are over 700 cars in GT4...to do each color would take something like 7000 different boot animations. This is why I asked if anyone had any specific requests (I only did the MR2 because I own one). I will probably go through there and do boot animations for a few of the nicer supercars. Also, I'm afraid that GT4 limits be to orange backgrounds for these.

I might have to try to find a way to import these models into AIP or something.

I don't know if you can use these with the SDK...if you can, it would save me some wear and tear on my phone while testing them.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by samiusmc View Post
    Can anyone please tell me if there is a way to preview my custom boot animation without installing it on my Droid? Can I run it using the Android SDK emulator?
    There is a boot animation preview program I downloaded from alldroid. I'll see if I can find the link... Or if you want PM me and I'll send the file.

Edit: Here's the link for over at alldroid http://alldroid.org/threads/14974-[Android]Boot-Animation-Preview-Lite-and-Paid-Versions
    Last edited by jrod1990; 04-06-2010 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Found the Link
    Moto Droid Rooted and OC'D, SPRecovery, BB V.6.1, Chevy's 1.1Ghz MV,

"You gotta perfect it before you package it" - Dion Sanders
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by jrod1990 View Post
    There is a boot animation preview program I downloaded from alldroid. I'll see if I can find the link... Or if you want PM me and I'll send the file.

Edit: Here's the link for over at alldroid [Android]Boot Animation Preview - Lite and Paid Versions[Android]Boot-Animation-Preview-Lite-and-Paid-Versions
    Thanks for the link. I really appreciate it. Besides viewing them on the Droid, do you know of any way to do so on your desktop so the speed and FPS can be tweaked prior to completing it?
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by jrod1990 View Post

Edit: Here's the link for over at alldroid [Android]Boot Animation Preview - Lite and Paid Versions[Android]Boot-Animation-Preview-Lite-and-Paid-Versions
    Thanks for the link. I really appreciate it. Besides viewing them on the Droid, do you know of any way to do so on your desktop so the speed and FPS can be tweaked prior to completing it?
    I'll shoot you the file via PM that you can run on your desktop
    Moto Droid Rooted and OC'D, SPRecovery, BB V.6.1, Chevy's 1.1Ghz MV,

"You gotta perfect it before you package it" - Dion Sanders
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links