DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: RSDLite? How to get/or how to go...

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 2.2 FRF57 BB V 0.2.1

RSDLite? How to get/or how to go...

I know this issue has been addressed in several other places, however I have not found a clear process to follow - RSDLite is the proscribed method to downgrade from an unrooted 2.1 OTA; HOWEVER ... I cannot find RSDLite anywhere. I manually updated to 2.1 and want to go back, get SU, baseband and ROM ... PLEASE HELP this idjit

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    I dont remember where I found the thread that contained the stuff that I downloaded but i just googled "rsd lite" and here you go RSD Lite Links

edit: just found it, it contains all the files you need unroot/unbrick your phone using sbf
    Last edited by brando56894; 04-03-2010 at 11:19 AM.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hac...using-sbf.html

The link to RSD Lite gave me a file that was the right size but a weird extension and changing it to zip did not work in the link I poosted. But Brando gave you a link to a good copy of RSD Lite so all the other things you need are in the link I just posted.

FOLLOW THE STEPS PRESCISELY!

If you don't have the right USB drivers and it gets stuck you may not be able to recover.! If you run out of battery in the middle you may not be able to recover. If you accidently (like the dog jumps on the sofa next to you) unplug your phone you may not be able to recover (although i was able...LOL).

It's an incredibly easy process to follow. Just don't screw it up. Don't go too fast. Plug the computer in so the battery doesn't die. Make sure your phone is completely charged before attempting this.

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO A TEE!

Good luck.

Nate
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 2.2 FRF57 BB V 0.2.1
    O.K., ppl, I can get to RSDLite, but there are some things I am uncertain of - how do I know which (32-bit or 64-bit) my droid has? How do I find the USB drivers I need? re-direct if I missed this stuff somewhere please, or help if you can ... THX
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion223 View Post
    O.K., ppl, I can get to RSDLite, but there are some things I am uncertain of - how do I know which (32-bit or 64-bit) my droid has? How do I find the USB drivers I need? re-direct if I missed this stuff somewhere please, or help if you can ... THX
    The choice isn't based off yer droid, it's your windows set-up. if your unsure go to control panel then system and it displays it there on if you have windows 32bit or 64 bit.

I'm about to follow this tutorial, wish me luck!

EDIT: IT WORKED GREAT! Back to 2.0.1, time to root! damn update prevented me from rootin my phone and having fun!
    Last edited by WarsDarksider; 04-04-2010 at 12:47 AM. Reason: added success notice
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    AzRezDROID
    Phone
    Samsung NEXUS S
    I did the same thing of downloading the 2.1 update. here are the tools i used to reflash back to stock 2.0.1.... Pm me and I'll send you the stuff i used..

Links