DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: DM to Rom manager

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

DM to Rom manager

Was just wondering if there were any issues with going from droidmod to rom manager and can you back up droidmod as one of your roms in its list, new to this. and have read around the forums and didnt find anything right now to help me, thankyou in advance for help..
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    SGN
    Quote Originally Posted by kygator1 View Post
    Was just wondering if there were any issues with going from droidmod to rom manager and can you back up droidmod as one of your roms in its list, new to this. and have read around the forums and didnt find anything right now to help me, thankyou in advance for help..
    The Rom manager will install Clockwork recovery and overwrite the SPrecovery you have installed by DMupdater. When/if you install Rom Manager it will allow you to make a backup of your DM rom you are running that will work with Clockwork recovery. you have to think of Rom Manager and CWrecovery as different programs. So you can use clockwork recovery with your backup of DroidMod you made, but the Rom Manager will not work with the DroidMod ROM at this point. If you want to run DroidMod then IMO you should stay with SPrecovery and not mess with Rom Manager. If you want to change ROMs to one that RM supports then switch to Clockwork recovery and play around with the ROMs that are on RM. I have recently switched to CWrecovery to use some different ROMs and it's slightly different but just as solid as SPrecovery. Does that answer your question?
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    yes but can you use rom manager to safely install clockwork over sprecovery??
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Re: DM to Rom manager

Yes ROM manager will install clockwork recovery for you

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Links