DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: 2.1 Features not all functioning

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

2.1 Features not all functioning

I have to admit, I am not very experienced in hacking the Droid.

This is my situation:
    I have been running stock 2.0.1, and recently updated manually to 2.1. Everything seemed okay until I rebooted my phone. The menu is not 2.1, it is still 2.0.1 (still pull tab menu, still 3 screens instead of 5). However, the gallery is updated to 2.1, I have voice entry features, pinch zoom on maps and browser, news/weather application etc. Why is this happening?

I do know that I have superuser permissions, but when I tested to see if my phone had been rooted (attempt to root months ago, and I don't believe it worked properly) and it seems as though it had not. (typed su into Terminal Emulator-permissions denied)

Please help! Any suggestions are appreciated!!

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    The drawer was always a handle, they never put the "dots" button there with the 3D launcher. 3 screens is all you get too. I assume it lagged with more screens, or the 3D launcher.

If those are all you are worried about, you can get other launchers that can increase your amount of screens and give you the 3d launcher. Note that the 3D launcher isn't very stable on the Droid, but they do work. *Edit* In the market Helix (normal launcher) and Helix2 (3D launcher) are free and can go up to 7 screens. Helix2 kinda has issues though. Helix1 works fine though.

About your rooting abilities, what does it say in Settings > about phone ? For Firmware version, baseband, and build number?
    Last edited by cupfulloflol; 03-31-2010 at 11:02 PM.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by cupfulloflol View Post
    The drawer was always a handle, they never put the "dots" button there with the 3D launcher. 3 screens is all you get too. I assume it lagged with more screens, or the 3D launcher.

If those are all you are worried about, you can get other launchers that can increase your amount of screens and give you the 3d launcher. Note that the 3D launcher isn't very stable on the Droid, but they do work.

About your rooting abilities, what does it say in Settings > about phone ? For Firmware version, baseband, and build number?
    Thanks for the response! So I assume that the OTA update doesn't have the "dots" and 5 screens either?

Firmware: 2.1-update1
    Baseband: C_01.3e.03p
    Build Number: ese81
  5. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cct8491 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cupfulloflol View Post

If those are all you are worried about, you can get other launchers that can increase your amount of screens and give you the 3d launcher. Note that the 3D launcher isn't very stable on the Droid, but they do work.

Thanks for the response! So I assume that the OTA update doesn't have the "dots" and 5 screens either?

Firmware: 2.1-update1
    Baseband: C_01.3e.03p
    Build Number: ese81
    First thing, no dots or extra screens. Second if you used an update from the News section it broke root and if it flashed stock recovery then you are unrooted and will have to wait for a new root exploit to be found to get superuser permissions back.

Links