DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HELP! Clockwork "MD5 mismatch" in recovery...

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    G1-CM 6.0.0 Froyo 2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by bclown90 View Post
    Hey, so I've been having similiar issues.

I made a backup using clockworkmod, reflashed a new ROM, decided I didn't like it, and tried to go back to the old one, and am now getting a MD5 mismatch.

I used the XDA link posted above to fix the mismatch, had to recalculate the checksums, and my backup began to restore, but now freezes on the data portion at eng-us.cab. I've tried multiple times and it still is not working. Finally I just said screw it and restored to an old (OLD) backup that did work, reflashed my phone, and am now putting back on the same ROM I had before, ApeX, although in version 1.4.

I really want to be able to get the data from my old backup, because I really don't want to have to reconfigure\reinstall\remember everything I had put on it before. If anybody has any suggestions, either how to restore my old backup or just get the data over, that'd be great.

Thanks

By the way, thanks to everyone who posted above, I got a lot of good information that allowed me to get this far, your work is appreciated

I'd suggest Titanium Backup (Donate), At least all the apps can be restored at one shot. Might have to redo phone settings but re-installing 121 apps 1 by 1 can be very time consuming.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by crz6662 View Post

I made a backup using clockworkmod, reflashed a new ROM, decided I didn't like it, and tried to go back to the old one, and am now getting a MD5 mismatch.

I used the XDA link posted above to fix the mismatch, had to recalculate the checksums, and my backup began to restore, but now freezes on the data portion at eng-us.cab. I've tried multiple times and it still is not working. Finally I just said screw it and restored to an old (OLD) backup that did work, reflashed my phone, and am now putting back on the same ROM I had before, ApeX, although in version 1.4.

I really want to be able to get the data from my old backup, because I really don't want to have to reconfigure\reinstall\remember everything I had put on it before. If anybody has any suggestions, either how to restore my old backup or just get the data over, that'd be great.

Thanks

By the way, thanks to everyone who posted above, I got a lot of good information that allowed me to get this far, your work is appreciated

I'd suggest Titanium Backup (Donate), At least all the apps can be restored at one shot. Might have to redo phone settings but re-installing 121 apps 1 by 1 can be very time consuming.
    I've got TB running on my phone, but the main issue I have right now is accessing the data itself. Does anyone know of a way that I can fix my backup so that it will restore? Or is the data that is contained in that backup lost forever?
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    G1-CM 6.0.0 Froyo 2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by crz6662 View Post

Thanks

I've got TB running on my phone, but the main issue I have right now is accessing the data itself. Does anyone know of a way that I can fix my backup so that it will restore? Or is the data that is contained in that backup lost forever?
    I'd probably scrap it. Or rename it with no spaces. What data is it your actually trying to recover ?
    Settings ? Just re-do your personal setting. Applications ? Titanium will take care of that. Don't know if you've actually restored w/TB but once loaded with batch restore you can pick & chose which apps to restore, or just do them all. I have noticed that when restored w/TB my installed apps don't all show up in market, ie: for updates.
    As far as the md5 mismatch, I've stopped changing my backup names and haven't had any problems since/so far. Also, on a couple forums, posters have noted that placing blank spaces between words sometimes gave them mismatches. Possibly was my problem. Use skennelly's suggestion & place "_"
    instead of blank spaces.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    I had a similar problem a few days ago. Created a backup that failed to recover. I was running ClockworkMod 4.0.1.5. What I did was Flashed ClockworkMod back to 3.0.2.5, created a backup, and immediately tried to restore it. It worked without a hitch. I triple checked it on my Thunderbolt, without a problem. My phone is rooted, running Thunderstick GENII 2.2.0.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links