DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Overclocked droid temp

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrofreak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jass View Post
    I've had my Droid at 160F for 30-40 minutes and the result was nothing, that was a month ago and it still runs like brand new.

Don't worry about it. Just set your fail-safe in SetCPU to like 140F at 550 or 600mhz.

when you say set it to 140F at 550 or 600mhz will the fail safe kick in if im running at 900mhz-1ghz?
    yes, it will put you dowwn to 550 when the temp goes over 140

I hit 153 today, made me a bit nervous haha
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    haha ive never seen above 107 with my droid and it feels d@mn hot I'd hate to see what 150 feels like. i love this fourm i dunno what I'd do without you guys.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    I've had my Droid at 160F for 30-40 minutes and the result was nothing, that was a month ago and it still runs like brand new.

Don't worry about it. Just set your fail-safe in SetCPU to like 140F at 550 or 600mhz.

when you say set it to 140F at 550 or 600mhz will the fail safe kick in if im running at 900mhz-1ghz?
    As mentioned yes. If your not comfortable with a temp that high, set it to 120 or 130, but I'm no longer worried about these temps at all personally. IMO, the Droid is nearly bulletproof.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    haha ive never seen above 107 with my droid and it feels d@mn hot I'd hate to see what 150 feels like. i love this fourm i dunno what I'd do without you guys.
    The temp is at the location of the actual chip it's self, it does reach a point where you'd have to run at that temp for longer periods of time for the outside to heat up any more. By the time it reaches the case, the heat is dissipated too quickly to really be able to tell. I've seen it go 140 and it felt on the outside like it was running around 90. It would take quite a while for it to get scary hot to the feel.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by 52brandon View Post
    As mentioned yes. If your not comfortable with a temp that high, set it to 120 or 130, but I'm no longer worried about these temps at all personally. IMO, the Droid is nearly bulletproof.
    and that is why DROIDDOES i bet an iphone cant dance like that
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    The temp is at the location of the actual chip it's self, it does reach a point where you'd have to run at that temp for longer periods of time for the outside to heat up any more. By the time it reaches the case, the heat is dissipated too quickly to really be able to tell. I've seen it go 140 and it felt on the outside like it was running around 90. It would take quite a while for it to get scary hot to the feel.
    FWIW SetCPU is measuring the battery's temp sensor. TempMonitor ($2.99 in the market I think) will let you monitor the CPU's temp sensor.

I just bought these this weekend myself and have also been wondering how hot is too hot, and why set CPU isn't using the CPU's temp sensor.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    Yea I forgot to mention that, thanks.

To enable CPU temp, open Temp Monitor > Scroll down to the header "Tasmanian_Droid Overdrive Settings" > CPU Temp Notification (check it)

I also recommend checking "Enable Notification" and "Start on boot" so the numerical value displays in the top tray so you can keep an eye on it for the more aggressive overclockers.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    anything less than 120F is quite alright AFAIK when Im messing around with it It will usually be between 100 and 120, after playing games for awhile (or something else cpu intensive) while charging Ive seen it at 140F last week I had it OC'd to 1.1ghz and had it charging via the USB port and then one of my friends called me and I picked up the phone and it was pretty damn hot, the outside of the case was probably around 120F because it was hot to the touch and was really hot up against my face when I checked the temp it was around 170F!! I immediately removed the battery and let it cool down for a few minutes and she still works fine.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    164F is the best I've done, had it charging in the car dock running maps with the hot sun beating down on the dash.

I can see myself with overheating issues come summer when the sun is trying to kill everything and trying to get maps going on the dash. I need to get that low Voltage Kernel going.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    what do you have to do to get that low volt kernel? i already have smoked glass rom and everything that comes with it can i just install adamz kernel on top of it or is it more complicated then that?
    Last edited by pyrofreak; 03-29-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links