DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Transparent MM widgets?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Transparent MM widgets?

Hi,
    I just downloaded the transparent power widget that stanrc posted here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ol-widget.html
    Edit; here is the transparent genie widget by stanrc if anyone needs it;http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ie-widget.html

And I was curious if anyone else found or has many any other transparent widgets (music,news+weather,pandora, etc.) around the forums.

Thanks!
    Last edited by 91jolson; 03-25-2010 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Trying to figure out hyperlink lol=p
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Starnc has a transparent theme for the genie widget. I don't have a link though
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I will up a music one a bit later tonight if no one beats me to it, or knows where one is already hosted. I have it done, just don't have my USB cable on me right now.

I have made SetCPU, Mini-Info, Pandora, and AudioManager transparent as well. They are required to be in the /system/app/ folder. If you want themes for them I can send them over a bit later as well. Some people have had problems with MM theming some things though, so you may have to theme them manually, but if you want them I can mash them together into a theme and you can do what you please with them.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by cupfulloflol View Post
    I will up a music one a bit later tonight if no one beats me to it, or knows where one is already hosted. I have it done, just don't have my USB cable on me right now.

I have made SetCPU, Mini-Info, Pandora, and AudioManager transparent as well. They are required to be in the /system/app/ folder. If you want themes for them I can send them over a bit later as well. Some people have had problems with MM theming some things though, so you may have to theme them manually, but if you want them I can mash them together into a theme and you can do what you please with them.
    would appreciate those widgets if you could theme them. thanks.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Sorry for the delay, got caught up in a movie and kinda forgot I said I was going to do this. haha

I went ahead and threw together most, if not all of the transparencies I have done to widgets.

I removed all other theming beyond the transparency though.
    Default apps
    - Genie News and Weather
    - Music
    - Power
    - YouTube

I threw in the other market apps I have made clear as well. I will post a couple screen grabs of them too. My audio manager I also themed the audio bars, that isn't included in this theme, just the clear background.

- AudioManager
    - FML
    - MiniInfo
    - Pandora
    - SetCPU

To get those to possibly work with MM, you are going to have to move them from /data/app/ to /system/app/ and rename them to fit exactly as above.

If that doesn't work you can always do it manually, which is pretty much a guaranteed success. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...h-theming.html <-- is a basic guide to doing it. Pull the file from /data/app/, theme it, push it back to /system/app/ . Double check their permissions (chmod 644 or rw- r-- r--). I can go in more detail if necessary.

*Edit* I messed something up in the zip, if you grabbed it prior to reading this. Redownload it. Sorry if you grabbed it prior to me catching it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Transparent MM widgets?-cap201003260247.jpg   Transparent MM widgets?-cap201003260248.jpg  
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cupfulloflol; 03-26-2010 at 01:06 AM.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    [Morph] Transparent Widgets [3/26/10] - xda-developers

someone at xda put a bunch into 1 zip file.

• Calendar
    • Power Control
    • YouTube
    • Google Search
    • Music
    • Facebook
    the problem with computers is that they do what you tell them to do and not what you want them to do.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    AudioManager.apk didn't work for the large widget. I made the bg files in drawable-hdpi transparent for the large widget. PM if you want them. Thanks for your work!

Links