DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: uhh.. help? is this normal?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid

Unhappy uhh.. help? is this normal?

Hi there! I'm a new member but I have been reading this site for a few weeks now =].

Basically heres my concern - I bought a Droid on ebay, and looking through the sd card files I saw that it had the superuser.apk file in the system->app folder, but I dont have the ninja and when I open the terminal emulator app on my phone and type su it denies it.

so is it normal to have that file? or will merely having that on there give verizon a reason to deny any insurance claims? if the previous owner had rooted it, can I get instructions on how to make it back to stock, please?

thank you guys in advanced!

3. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lace View Post
    Hi there! I'm a new member but I have been reading this site for a few weeks now =].

Basically heres my concern - I bought a Droid on ebay, and looking through the sd card files I saw that it had the superuser.apk file in the system->app folder, but I dont have the ninja and when I open the terminal emulator app on my phone and type su it denies it.

so is it normal to have that file? or will merely having that on there give verizon a reason to deny any insurance claims? if the previous owner had rooted it, can I get instructions on how to make it back to stock, please?

Not sure if it was there to begin with or not. It been so long. But I don't think anyone at the store will go digging if you take it in. You're not rooted because you were denied so unless you want to mod your phone I don't think you have anything to worry about.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by jstafford1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lace View Post

Not sure if it was there to begin with or not. It been so long. But I don't think anyone at the store will go digging if you take it in. You're not rooted because you were denied so unless you want to mod your phone I don't think you have anything to worry about.
    I'm stock and I just checked - I don't have the superuser.apk in the system > apps folder. So maybe your Droid was rooted before, lace? Not sure. Anyway, welcome to the forum!

Links