DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DM 1.0 Lock this AM After Weeks of Stability

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

DM 1.0 Lock this AM After Weeks of Stability

No need for suggestions on this. But I thought I would post this in case suddenly others were getting this issue.

I have been running DM 1.0 for weeks now and it has been stable as a rock.

Suddenly this AM it locked up hard and I had to do a battery pull. Then it locked in the reboot flash screen. I waited 20 minutes and still stuck on the DroidMod boot screen. I did another battery pull and it appeared to go into the normal unlock screen but it was locked there. I was just about to consider unroot options but decided on one more battery pull. It booted fine this time and has been stable for an hour.

I have not added ANY apps or done ANY config changes for a week. Not even a wallpaper change.

(Was Vz trying too send me an OTA?) I do have a very early hardware release - 39/09.

Like I said, I am not looking for suggestions, but I thought I would bring this up in case this happens to others.
    Last edited by REARless; 03-20-2010 at 06:49 AM.

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by REARless View Post
    No need for suggestions on this. But I thought I would post this in case suddenly others were getting this issue.

I have been running DM 1.0 for weeks now and it has been stable as a rock.

Suddenly this AM it locked up hard and I had to do a battery pull. Then it locked in the reboot flash screen. I waited 20 minutes and still stuck on the DroidMod boot screen. I did another battery pull and it appeared to go into the normal unlock screen but it was locked there. I was just about to consider unroot options but decided on one more battery pull. It booted fine this time and has been stable for an hour.

I have not added ANY apps or done ANY config changes for a week. Not even a wallpaper change.

(Was Vz trying too send me an OTA?) I do have a very early hardware release - 39/09.

Like I said, I am not looking for suggestions, but I thought I would bring this up in case this happens to others.
    Definitely was not Verizon. And just as an FYI we watched distribution of 2.0.1 very closely here and hardware release had nothing to do with the distribution process. It's totally random.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I'm running droidmod also and I've noticed my phone has been acting funky since thursday, which was the release of 2.1 if I'm correct. Could be a coincidence, but I don't know..
  5. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1682 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Had a couple of random reboots yesterday. I doubt it was because of 2.1 because droidmod has sprecovery 99.3 which suppose to block otas.
  6. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1682 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    To add: if DM makes a ROM for 2.1 I will go back to them. Them boys seem to be on the right track and doing it right. I like how they are setting up a bug tracker to deal with issues in their roms. No, they are not releasing a new ROM every week like they did when they first started or like other dev. But they are releasing good ROMS. And if this ROM, DM 1.0, was "rushed"; then I have a good feeling the ROM they spending a lot of time on and waiting to get a clean and official ota to build on, it is going to be even more stable then this ROM.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Very odd, I also noticed my phone acting up with dm1.0
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid!
    Mine's been having strange locks where ill press the home button and nothing icons will never appear on the background. Or, it will show the full homescreen, but it will not respond to touch at all (i.e., the homescreens wont slide, the home button wont vibrate when pushed, etc). The standby button will always work though...
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    DM1.0 is a very old rom now in the Droid community (based on the frequency of updates and new roms). I know some complain that the new rom's come out way too frequently. But that's just because they find bugs and make improvements - feel free to ignore updates.

But we've moved passed the old 2.0.1 custom roms (like DM1.0). The new ESE53 build is much better - I would use a Droid with the stock ESE53 sbf before I'd go back to DM.

Anyone on DM1 can go to any other rom with ZERO repercussions. Why not just do it? Make a nandroid back up first, and use it to restore back to DM if you are not happy.

Personally, I like Adamz's ESE53 Smoked Glass (v6), but since they are all based on the same thing, personal preference is the main difference between them all.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpa View Post
    Anyone on DM1 can go to any other rom with ZERO repercussions. Why not just do it? Make a nandroid back up first, and use it to restore back to DM if you are not happy.
    Mostly personal preference. I like the way the DM guys operate, and I dont really like the idea of my ROM being built off stolen property. I'm not going to look down on anyone who decides they want ESE53, but in the world of open source software, there's really no reason to use something that's not legitimate.

Back to the topic at hand. OP, I think it's just coincidence. Reflash if you want, should fix your problems.
    Last edited by LtKen; 03-21-2010 at 07:44 AM.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Ah, I thought it was just DM that had gone off the deep end. Sad to see they took people with them.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links