DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stock ROM CPU settings

1. Android Addict
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Dröid
    Premium Member

Stock ROM CPU settings

Just wondering if anyone knows what the stock ROM min/max settings are, and if it has different min/max settings for various states (like SetCPU profiles) as well, and what they would be.
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droidzilla
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    125, 250, 500, 550, 600. 600 is disabled in stock, but clearly defined in the kernel.

As far as I know, there are no profiles by default for charging, etc.
  3. Android Addict
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Dröid
    Premium Member
    So, does the stock phone vary the CPU speed from 125 to 550 then? or does it only go down to 250 or so?
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droidzilla
    Premium Member
    125 to 550.
  5. Android Addict
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Dröid
    Premium Member
    Ok, one more question if you don't mind... AdamZ has 3 voltages for his various ROMs, low, medium and high... does anyone know which one of those would be similar to what stock is?

The reason I ask is that I'm trying to figure out what causes me and others to occasionally have the issue where the phone won't wake from idle/sleep. Someone mentioned that they cured theirs by setting the sleep profile min to 400. Now, I'm wondering if it is a voltage issue, or a clock issue. So, I'm trying various combos to see if I can narrow it down. I never had the issue when I was on stock, and only actually had it sometime after Pete released BB 7.6 or so. Tried various combos of Roms and kernels. So now I'm running the latest SG and Adam's LV 600mHz rom and am trying different min speeds in the sleep profile. But, I'm still wondering if it is speed or voltage (or maybe neither).

I figured if I knew the stock that might help somewhat.
    Last edited by ViciousCircle; 03-20-2010 at 12:25 AM.
  6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droidzilla
    Premium Member
    If I had his .config file when he compiled the kernel, I could tell you. Otherwise, I don't know. One would assume low, because undervolting is sometimes just as risky as overvolting. So I would assume low wouldn't go below stock. I could be wrong, of course.
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droidzilla
    Premium Member
    Actually, the more I think about this, the more I wonder if stock the Droid runs at 550mhz all the time. The reason I say this is that the default cpu governor in the kernel is performance. However, there is also omap specific power saving settings in the kernel too.

I'm not sure which takes precedence. I'm guessing the omap stuff does.
  8. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Quote Originally Posted by ViciousCircle View Post
    Ok, one more question if you don't mind... AdamZ has 3 voltages for his various ROMs, low, medium and high... does anyone know which one of those would be similar to what stock is?

The reason I ask is that I'm trying to figure out what causes me and others to occasionally have the issue where the phone won't wake from idle/sleep. Someone mentioned that they cured theirs by setting the sleep profile min to 400. Now, I'm wondering if it is a voltage issue, or a clock issue. So, I'm trying various combos to see if I can narrow it down. I never had the issue when I was on stock, and only actually had it sometime after Pete released BB 7.6 or so. Tried various combos of Roms and kernels. So now I'm running the latest SG and Adam's LV 600mHz rom and am trying different min speeds in the sleep profile. But, I'm still wondering if it is speed or voltage (or maybe neither).

I figured if I knew the stock that might help somewhat.
    Oh man, I'm totally with you with trying to figure this out. Today I had that dreaded issue where my phone wouldn't wake from sleep using Adamz Low Voltage kernel. I do have my my standby/sleep set to 125/125 though so I dunno. This has happened to me with chevy's kernel also, and with that kernel I had my standby to 125/300(or 400). I thought Chevy said he was using stock voltages though and that the only voltage change was for 1.2GHz+ speeds. So I dunno lol, for a minute I was thinking that low voltage+Low temps (my house gets cooled especially in the basement lol. Which also doesn't make sense since it happened in warmer rooms too lol ???
  9. Android Addict
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Dröid
    Premium Member
    Well, I've been running for about a day and a half with my sleep min set to 400 and haven't had the sleeplock happen yet (though every freaking time I say that, it happens within an hour ). And, I haven't noticed a huge battery hit either from having the sleep min set a bit higher than I normally would. I'll keep it set this way for a while and see what happens.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    FWIW, I set my sleep min at 250. It doesn't matter which kernal I'm on, 125 always gives me the sleep lock problem.
    Motorola Droid - Rooted
    CyanogenMod 5.0.6.1-Droid
    Bekit 800 MHz kernel
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links