DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: cyanogen rom + nextheme =BRICK

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    -DROID-

cyanogen rom + nextheme =BRICK

so i saw on another site that his nextheme was supposed to work with cyanogen..i booted into my clockwork and it said installed, then i reboot and guess what?? 5 mins of lookin at the M logo..then to make things worse, my restore image that i made with clockwork didn't work either as it stayed stuck at the M logo....

in the end, i had to reinstall my cyanogen rom losing everything i had once again..CRAP!!!

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by ucpro View Post
    so i saw on another site that his nextheme was supposed to work with cyanogen..i booted into my clockwork and it said installed, then i reboot and guess what?? 5 mins of lookin at the M logo..then to make things worse, my restore image that i made with clockwork didn't work either as it stayed stuck at the M logo....

in the end, i had to reinstall my cyanogen rom losing everything i had once again..CRAP!!!
    I fricken hate people like you. Its not bricked. If it nwas bricked, you cannot fix it. You did fix it. Therefore, no brick.

Anyways though, that's a known problem with clockwork. Most people will install rom, switch to sprecovery, then backup.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible/Moto Droid
    Had the same problem....sucks I know. But learn to "Better" describe the condition of your phone...Brick = DEAD!, return to Verizon and act stupid or collect another 5 bills cause its replacement time! If you try something and it doesn't load = Unsuccessful....not brick!
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Yes, please never say bricked again.

I think the mods should ban the word from the forum.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    -DROID-
    Quote Originally Posted by alienware777 View Post

I fricken hate people like you. Its not bricked. If it nwas bricked, you cannot fix it. You did fix it. Therefore, no brick.

Anyways though, that's a known problem with clockwork. Most people will install rom, switch to sprecovery, then backup.
    Dont take it personal. You cant hate someone you dont know. It was a brick for the moment, and can be a brick to someone that cant fix it. Im sharing my situation and seeing if its like that for everyone else, especially when installing themes
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Try out my ron if you like cyanogen with the nextheme without having to deal with clockwork.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    -DROID-
    So have any of you installed any new themes..if so which ones because i kind of like the seven screens with the apps stuck on the bottom
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid + CyanogenMod 5.0.6.2
    So have any of you installed any new themes..if so which ones because i kind of like the seven screens with the apps stuck on the bottom
    that feature is just the Helix launcher you can get it off the market now the dev that made it for Cyanogen released it for all models now
    For Android news, updates, links to roms and more check out http://www.tekhawk.com

And for news on my future Launcher themes once I find the time to start theming them again.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    -DROID-
    jrummy which rom do u have....and i saw a helix launcher with gold lettering and icons, can't remmeber what it is though, but i know that doesn't work either, not sure if i can get that one in the market though
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    -DROID-
    jrummy which rom do u have....and i saw a helix launcher with gold lettering and icons, can't remember what it is though, but i know that doesn't work either, not sure if i can get that one in the market though
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links