DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: cyanogen rom + nextheme =BRICK

  1. Master Droid
    ucpro's Avatar
    Member #
    9399
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    dothan, al
    Posts
    434
    Phone
    -DROID-
    #1

    cyanogen rom + nextheme =BRICK

    so i saw on another site that his nextheme was supposed to work with cyanogen..i booted into my clockwork and it said installed, then i reboot and guess what?? 5 mins of lookin at the M logo..then to make things worse, my restore image that i made with clockwork didn't work either as it stayed stuck at the M logo....

    in the end, i had to reinstall my cyanogen rom losing everything i had once again..CRAP!!!
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    alienware777's Avatar
    Member #
    10139
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    616
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by ucpro View Post
    so i saw on another site that his nextheme was supposed to work with cyanogen..i booted into my clockwork and it said installed, then i reboot and guess what?? 5 mins of lookin at the M logo..then to make things worse, my restore image that i made with clockwork didn't work either as it stayed stuck at the M logo....

    in the end, i had to reinstall my cyanogen rom losing everything i had once again..CRAP!!!
    I fricken hate people like you. Its not bricked. If it nwas bricked, you cannot fix it. You did fix it. Therefore, no brick.

    Anyways though, that's a known problem with clockwork. Most people will install rom, switch to sprecovery, then backup.
  4. Droid
    SoCalMiles's Avatar
    Member #
    25830
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    36
    Phone
    HTC Incredible/Moto Droid
    #3
    Had the same problem....sucks I know. But learn to "Better" describe the condition of your phone...Brick = DEAD!, return to Verizon and act stupid or collect another 5 bills cause its replacement time! If you try something and it doesn't load = Unsuccessful....not brick!
  5. Droid Ninja
    Erron's Avatar
    Member #
    1660
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,076
    Phone
    droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #4
    Yes, please never say bricked again.

    I think the mods should ban the word from the forum.
  6. Master Droid
    ucpro's Avatar
    Member #
    9399
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    dothan, al
    Posts
    434
    Phone
    -DROID-
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by alienware777 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ucpro View Post
    so i saw on another site that his nextheme was supposed to work with cyanogen..i booted into my clockwork and it said installed, then i reboot and guess what?? 5 mins of lookin at the M logo..then to make things worse, my restore image that i made with clockwork didn't work either as it stayed stuck at the M logo....

    in the end, i had to reinstall my cyanogen rom losing everything i had once again..CRAP!!!
    I fricken hate people like you. Its not bricked. If it nwas bricked, you cannot fix it. You did fix it. Therefore, no brick.

    Anyways though, that's a known problem with clockwork. Most people will install rom, switch to sprecovery, then backup.
    Dont take it personal. You cant hate someone you dont know. It was a brick for the moment, and can be a brick to someone that cant fix it. Im sharing my situation and seeing if its like that for everyone else, especially when installing themes
  7. Developer
    jrummy16's Avatar
    Member #
    31454
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    1,213
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #6
    Try out my ron if you like cyanogen with the nextheme without having to deal with clockwork.
  8. Master Droid
    ucpro's Avatar
    Member #
    9399
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    dothan, al
    Posts
    434
    Phone
    -DROID-
    #7
    So have any of you installed any new themes..if so which ones because i kind of like the seven screens with the apps stuck on the bottom
  9. Master Droid
    TekHawk's Avatar
    Member #
    17876
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yuba ****ty, California
    Posts
    783
    Phone
    Droid + CyanogenMod 5.0.6.2
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ucpro View Post
    So have any of you installed any new themes..if so which ones because i kind of like the seven screens with the apps stuck on the bottom
    that feature is just the Helix launcher you can get it off the market now the dev that made it for Cyanogen released it for all models now
    For Android news, updates, links to roms and more check out http://www.tekhawk.com

    And for news on my future Launcher themes once I find the time to start theming them again.
  10. Master Droid
    ucpro's Avatar
    Member #
    9399
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    dothan, al
    Posts
    434
    Phone
    -DROID-
    #9
    jrummy which rom do u have....and i saw a helix launcher with gold lettering and icons, can't remmeber what it is though, but i know that doesn't work either, not sure if i can get that one in the market though
  11. Master Droid
    ucpro's Avatar
    Member #
    9399
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    dothan, al
    Posts
    434
    Phone
    -DROID-
    #10
    jrummy which rom do u have....and i saw a helix launcher with gold lettering and icons, can't remember what it is though, but i know that doesn't work either, not sure if i can get that one in the market though
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. NexTHEME + Desire Combo
    By Benny879 in forum Android Themes
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 06:46 PM
  2. Cyanogen Mod
    By Yodes in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-22-2010, 05:22 PM
  3. Cyanogen mod
    By itwerk in forum Android Roms
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 03-16-2010, 01:36 AM
  4. Replies: 87
    Last Post: 03-12-2010, 11:10 PM
  5. Cyanogen & Droid?
    By JhankG in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 03:00 PM

Search tags for this page

cyanogen brick

,
cyanogen dothan, al
,

cyanogenmod brick

,
cyranogen mod kernel.org hack
,
google now on droid razr ics
,
hack+bricked n900
,
installed+cyanogen brick
,
nextheme for cyanmod 7 droid x
,

nextheme rom

,
uninstall cyranogen mode galaxy 5
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+