hey guys i was just wondering is the droid gonna work on the 2.1 firmware when it comes out and do i have to do anything before updating?
If you want to flash to a different DroidMod ROM follow the same steps above but choose the ROM you want. Open DMUpdater and start with step 20.
If you want to flash the same ROM you already have installed because you want to add some packages or remove some packages
1. Open DMUpdater
2. Select ROM menu
3. Select the ROM you just installed
4. Screen will pop up saying it found the rom on the sdcard
5. Select "Flash tar"
6. We are ready to flash the ROM
6A. Select "Flash ROM"
7. Phone will reboot into SPRecovery and will do a nandroid back up
8. Phone will unpack the ROM, let it do its thing
9. Now just go through the steps for installing and removing the packages like above but dont wipe /data
If you would like to go back to stock 2.0.1 (no root)
1. Open DMupdater and select ROM menu
2. Select 2.0.1 (no root), DMupdater will automatically start downloading the stock 2.0.1 zip file to your phone. This will take about 20 minutes or more, so go make a sandwich or something....haha
3. Once downloaded a screen will pop up saying the phone is ready to flash the ROM, Flash ROM
4. Phone will reboot and will load to SPRecovery screen
4A. Then it will automatically unpack the needed files and reboot again
5. Now we should be booting up
6. Now were booted up and should be on 2.0.1 (no root)