DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: My Custom "Droid" Launcher that Changes Colors

1. Premium Member
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Matth3w, to start, I have found that everything you have done on this Forum has been valuable, from the Guides to the other posts - so take this as a compliment to your value for all of us on the Forum.

I do have two questions for you on the launcher that you added here - the zip file you have in the opening post is that primarily to replace the App Drawer?

And secondly, I have been trying to keep up with the HelixLauncher release and see that it is being very positively received (and continually developed) and didn't know if I installed your launcher.zip and then moved on with Helix I would assume that that launcher would replace your app drawer?

Thanks for any guidance you are willing to provide.

For reference sake: I am running BB 0.7/Chevy's 5 slot 1.0GHZ kernel
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    @DroidConcepts
    Phone
    D1, D2, D3
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Can u post one with blue instead of red.. thanks..
    Click Here for the Droid Concepts Web Site

Check out The Droid Concepts Roms By clicking the image below.!

If you would enjoy what we do please support us with a small donation if possible, we need some new devices..
  3. Banned
    Member #
    Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bugless Beast 2.1 ROM @ 1.1GHz
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
    Matth3w, to start, I have found that everything you have done on this Forum has been valuable, from the Guides to the other posts - so take this as a compliment to your value for all of us on the Forum.

I do have two questions for you on the launcher that you added here - the zip file you have in the opening post is that primarily to replace the App Drawer?

And secondly, I have been trying to keep up with the HelixLauncher release and see that it is being very positively received (and continually developed) and didn't know if I installed your launcher.zip and then moved on with Helix I would assume that that launcher would replace your app drawer?

Thanks for any guidance you are willing to provide.

For reference sake: I am running BB 0.7/Chevy's 5 slot 1.0GHZ kernel
    That's all it does...and yes it would be replaced by Helix. I was going to switch to Helix, and while I like the additional space, I honestly think the launcher I made was the nicest looking modification I made to my phone...so I'm going to keep it for the time being.

I'd like someone to send me a copy of the Helix launcher APK that supports shortcuts so I can see if I can modify it's look...
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyman View Post
    Can u post one with blue instead of red.. thanks..
    Let me know if the blue is the color you are looking for...or lighter, brighter, etc.
  4. Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Post some screenshots of the blue once you get it installed.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Thanks matth3w. I think I want to make my own custom drawer. I looked in the apk and it looks like you modified 5 files -- can you tell me what ic_tray_expand.png and ic_tray_collapse.png are for?
  6. Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    The only three I modified to achieve these results was tray_handle_selected/normal/pressed
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    How hard would it be to take the stock 2.0.1 Launcher and make it have a total of 7 screens. Nothing else just the screens, with the stock app drawer and everything.

I'm wondering because I've been trying to find a way to download BlackDroid's Ultimate ROM to get the 7 screen launcher. But unfortunately the new versions don't have it anymore and on top of that none of the links to his work that I find work.

I tried downloading your launcher, too see if it had seven screens or just five, but by following the instructions you gave just got my phone stuck the boot screen. I had to use adb to reboot into recovery. Luckily I made a nandroid right before.

I've concluded that it would be simpler just to have a plain jane launcher with the 7 screens. Would you be able to help? Maybe teach me how to do it? I've looked at the res files for the stock launcher, but I can't figure it out on my own. The extent of my skill is limited to mixing and matching themes. Not programming or coding of any kind =[

I'd really appreciate any info or help you'd be able to offer. Thank you in advance =]
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    SGN
    I just installed your Launcher and it worked just as you said. I ran the blue launcher and liked it, but came across a couple bugs after installation. After I rebooted my phone, as soon as the home screen appeared it would revert to the bootanimation. The phone did this three times before it loaded. It seemed to do it just as the notification bar said "Preparing sdcard". and when I went to shut the phone off to replicate the problem, I noticed it didn't shut all the way down. The screen stayed lit with a black background and I never came across the "M" logo. Just straight to the bootanimation. I took the backup of my previous launcher and replaced the one I downloaded, but I couldn't remember the original permissions, so I just wiped my phone and ran a nandroid restore. I am back to running just fine, so no harm no foul. Just wanted to let you know my problems I had. I don't believe they were caused by user error.
  9. Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Just for the record I've never had a problem with this launcher. It has nothing to do with what I did to it, I simply changed three of the images. Perhaps whatever launcher Pete is using (the one I modified) doesn't work with other ROMs.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    SGN
    That may very well be the case. If I try Petes ROM again I'll be sure to give your launcher another shot.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Links