DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Rooted Droid vs. Jailbroken iPhone

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Rooted Droid vs. Jailbroken iPhone

So when you jailbroke an iPhone you could get all apps for free. I'm curious if it's possible to the the same thing once you root a Droid. I realize this is stealing and that it is wrong and I don't even know if I would steal apps if it's possible, I'm just interested if it works the same way as iPhone.
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Yes you can "steal" apps. It's a good way to kill good developers too.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I've been reading these forums for two weeks without registering... as a developer I was disgusted enough at this to finally do it.

If you're asking, then you want to. Your fake shame is an incredibly thin veil. Go back to your virus laden warez and serial sites. Developers deserve to get paid for their work and if you disagree I suggest you try doing to the work yourself.
  4. sir
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    no one knows what's possible until we root it
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by theascended View Post
    I've been reading these forums for two weeks without registering... as a developer I was disgusted enough at this to finally do it.

If you're asking, then you want to. Your fake shame is an incredibly thin veil. Go back to your virus laden warez and serial sites. Developers deserve to get paid for their work and if you disagree I suggest you try doing to the work yourself.
    Why does it seem like every thread i goto there is a buzzkill jerk like this guy. The one nice guy that said he was just curious and probably wouldn't even root it and you tear him apart for even saying that. 90% of the people in this section of the forum are looking to root their droid with no question. They don't even think twice about the "stealing" factor. You sir are an asshole and have just givin me yet another reason to root my phone. Thank you and good day.

PS I myself am a beginner developer for java/C++ and im not here to flame, I am here to support other developers and learn, but this guy just pissed me off.
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Overclockd24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theascended View Post

Why does it seem like every thread i goto there is a buzzkill jerk like this guy. The one nice guy that said he was just curious and probably wouldn't even root it and you tear him apart for even saying that. 90% of the people in this section of the forum are looking to root their droid with no question. They don't even think twice about the "stealing" factor. You sir are an asshole and have just givin me yet another reason to root my phone. Thank you and good day.

PS I myself am a beginner developer for java/C++ and im not here to flame, I am here to support other developers and learn, but this guy just pissed me off.
    First off, i agree with the poster thinking in the majority of the cases if someone asks if it can be done, it's because they want to do it. It's like asking, oh can frost wire get you songs that you don't own the CD for... someone answers sure it does. (goes and gets app). This is not what these forums are about.

Thread
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware

Links