DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: 2.0.0 going to 2.1 question

Member #
    Phone
    Droid

2.0.0 going to 2.1 question

hi i just recently got my droid and today i upgraded it to bb 1.1. now my question is can i just use the 2.1 Launcher for 2.0.1?? to go to 2.1? or do i have to do it another way since im on BB 1.1. if so what is the easiest way to do it thanks
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    No.....just using the Launcher will not make your phone 2.1? If that's what you were asking?

And since you flashed Bugless Beast 1.1 today, howcome you didn't just upgrade to the newest available? I think he's at 0.8 at the moment...and thats a 2.1 ROM.

Just use the nandroid method he has the instructions to in his thread...DON'T use the update.zip method going from 2.0.1 to 2.1!!

Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by natediddy1120 View Post
    No.....just using the Launcher will not make your phone 2.1? If that's what you were asking?

And since you flashed Bugless Beast 1.1 today, howcome you didn't just upgrade to the newest available? I think he's at 0.8 at the moment...and thats a 2.1 ROM.

Just use the nandroid method he has the instructions to in his thread...DON'T use the update.zip method going from 2.0.1 to 2.1!!
    because when i followed the tuturial i thought it was up to date. but i guess not lol. im trying to learn all this rom stuff comin from a blackberry. what is the nandroid method i searched cant really find anything
  4. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Here are two separate links that explain two different approaches. I follow the first because I prefer to know what is and is not going on my phone.
    (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hac...ation-etc.html)

(http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hac...plete-how.html)

Just take your time and read through both process and if you still have questions post them.

Mike

Links