DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DMvsClockMod all Jacked up

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Tab, Droid Pro & X

DMvsClockMod all Jacked up

A friend of mine has become an "overnight geek" to out geek me. Yet he has just about managed to brick 2 devices in a very short time. I/we have been able to avoid complete #epicfail situations till this point.

What I need is a way to help him restore his phone back to stock from the OMG<WTF<RFKM Clock Work Mod Updater that was placed on the market place. It has officially jacked his phone up beyond. I have found steps:

JIT for Koush's roms ONLY

But he is unable to do such steps as he don't have sdk/adb and is not able to get it on is computer. He has been able to do his ROM changes thus far with out and would like to change back to DM w/o.

Is this possible and if so how? I read some where a few days ago of a .zip file that would take a phone back to stock, but now unable to locate such files.

Please help me so I can get him back up and running and allow me to resume my life.

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    JIT will NOT take your friends phone back to stock, it will probably make things worse.

I am confused about what your friend wants to do. Does he want to go back to stock or does he want to install the Droidmod ROM? Can he boot into SPrecovery? Did he make a nandroid backup prior to installing the new ROM?
    Motorola Droid - Rooted
    CyanogenMod 5.0.6.1-Droid
    Bekit 800 MHz kernel
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Koush's ROM is 2.1 based...I think that DM is still 2.0.1 so he will need to wipe data partition before changing back..if he didnt make a back up get everything required to flash .sbf. Always make a backup!

Yo Balthazar small world....Im in Lincoln, Ks
    Last edited by 19DroidRage84; 03-13-2010 at 12:41 AM.
    Motorola Droid
    Cyanogenmod 6 nightlies
    Clockwork Recovery
    cvpcs's 1.2ghz SV
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    we just want to reload the phone back to stock at this point. the phone is stuck in a reboot sync that wont stop. tried to use Recover your phone from a brick.

Issue now is we cant get the computer to download and run the rsd lite 4.6. we loaded 4.5.3 and it took off but then it won't detect the phone and errors out.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    there is a back up of rom and everything on the sd card. how ever when you go to do a reload or go thru nandroid it will not show a single file in the directory to load up.

had him put in a non droid sd card and it has now stopped the boot loop.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    Wow!! None of this thread made any sense to me....lol

I don't know if it's where I haven't been to bed yet or what exactly....but this thread just blew my mind and I have no idea what anyone just said

8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    If Nate can't figure this out you are probably SOL. I am also confused, but if you followed the steps in the previous link to flash the 2.0 .sbf files and something went wrong you may have a serious situation on your hands.

First question, what point is the phone at now. You said the new SD card stopped the boot loops. Are you in recovery, or did the phone boot up?

Second question, your original post mentioned both Droid mod and Koush's clockwork ROM. Which one did your friend install and which version of recovery are you able to get too?

Hey Droidrage, nice to find another kansan who lives so close.
    Motorola Droid - Rooted
    CyanogenMod 5.0.6.1-Droid
    Bekit 800 MHz kernel
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Ok lets start over here i am the friend everything works fine on it all i want to do is go back to sprecovery instead of clockwork is there a way to do this?
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    Yea, follow any of the guides to reflash sprecovery.

Such as this one: http://rootyourdroid.info/guides/custom-recovery-image/
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Dare
    Drew, pull the SD card out, put battery in, run for a while, put SD card back in. I found it in the CWrecovery thread on Alldroid.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links