DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Yu-Gi-Oh?

I have no idea where to put this so Ill put it here. A friend of mine and I were talking today and we both came to the conclusion that a Yu-Gi-Oh game on the Droid would just be amazing. Especially if it had some way to get all the cards, played by the rules, had a half decent AI that made sense (a serious problem with the games, least on PSP, the AI makes moves that make no sense), and people could go online, duel their friends and POSSIBLY even trade cards, that would be amazing. Even if it had another game mode kind of like Battle City where people would lost a card, maybe even their best one, if they lost matches. And, of course, it would keep up to date with all the new cards out there so that people could make the exact same deck they have at home on their Droids. The game, IMHO and his, would be even better with these options, and not only that Im sure it would rake in alot of money if the developers asked for donations. Anyone think theres any chance of a developer picking this up sometime?

Im also hoping for Magic The Gathering on the Droid, but Ill keep hoping.

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID .rwar.
    Quote Originally Posted by NVash View Post
    Im also hoping for Magic The Gathering on the Droid, but Ill keep hoping.
    I haven't played this in forever, but if I could play it on my phone without needing a deck, etc, etc I would be all over Magic. lol
    I had a nice signature, but the mean ate it.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Revolution

please

Don't make that game for my droid!!!! My Two 8 year old boys would high jack my kick ass phone forever....I then would have to use one of there flip phones
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    A Yu-Gi-Oh game would be GREAT...In America!
    ATTENTION DUELISTS, MY HAIR SAYS THAT THIS WOULD WORK VERY WELL.

^Points for reference^
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Oddly, thats exactly what got me playing YuGiOh again. I think having it on the Droid would be 'super special awesome'.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by NVash View Post
    Oddly, thats exactly what got me playing YuGiOh again. I think having it on the Droid would be 'super special awesome'.
    For those of you who don't know what we're talking about, here's a link to the greatest thing to happen to Yu-Gi-Oh since 4kids made their ridiculous dub.

Yu-gi-oh: The Abridged Series
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid/3
    i had the game for my game boy advanced... what 7 years ago?
    had no clue had to use the trading cards everyone just stacked their best cards and said they were already shuffled XD

i guess you could get the emulator and the rom to play it if you were that desperate. But im not sure that someone would make a stand alone app but maybe im wrong.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    I remember playing MTG on the computer after I used to play with the actual cards and it wasnt nearly as fun, namely because you had to buy the cards online to get the good ones or send in your physical cards to get the electronic versions.
    How To: Compiling a Custom Version of Clockwork Mod Recovery
    <-- Lockscreen

ROM: Incredibly Re-Engineered v2.3
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by hbah427 View Post
    A Yu-Gi-Oh game would be GREAT...In America!
    ATTENTION DUELISTS, MY HAIR SAYS THAT THIS WOULD WORK VERY WELL.

^Points for reference^
    Who would have thought that a child would be good at a children's card game!
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by XMasterMoronX View Post
    i guess you could get the emulator and the rom to play it if you were that desperate. But im not sure that someone would make a stand alone app but maybe im wrong.
    I have the emulator actually, friend of mine took my Droid and started playing the game when I was playing God Of War III. Thats when we discussed this.

Quote Originally Posted by brando56894 View Post
    I remember playing MTG on the computer after I used to play with the actual cards and it wasnt nearly as fun, namely because you had to buy the cards online to get the good ones or send in your physical cards to get the electronic versions.
    I remember that too. I even played a Homebrew MTG on PSP that was downright horrible.

See, if these games were playable on the Droid and could go online thatd be super special awesome, but they cant. The same problem goes with Pokemon. Why put all that time into any of the emulated games like Pokemon or YuGiOh if you cant trade or duel other people in either game? Just seems like a waste really. I mean, my DS Pokemon game is over 150 hours and Im chasing down some Legendaries, Im not trying to put that kind of time in on my cell phone just for bragging rights. You know what I mean?

Im sorry to say I dont think many people would actually take the time to do a stand alone app for any of these games. I know itd take a crazy amount of work, especially if they had some cool way to get the cards, but Im sure they could get a ton of donations at the same time for it. People would be all over these like flies on Kool-Aid on a hot summer day, if theyre done right.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links