DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Help!!

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Help!!

whats up everybody!
    How do I know if I have successfully rooted my Droid?
    I have been researching it but Im not sure I understood it correctly. I have tried to play with the Roms that you all talk about, but It seems like there is something missing in the forums ive read. I think my phone is rooted, what is a good test to find out for sure. (Note: I have an icon of some ninja dude that is called superuser permission)

Now I'm not sure I know what the next step is. I tried to load a ROMS file to my sd but it did not work..

I am running the stock 2.0.1 system, I would like to go to Android 2.1.
    any thoughts?

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Quote Originally Posted by extremelst2 View Post
    (Note: I have an icon of some ninja dude that is called superuser permission)
    yes you are rooted. You need to install busybox, flash_image and a new recovery image. Probably sprecovery 99.3b since most ROMs use those files. Search for walkthroughs
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by extremelst2 View Post
    whats up everybody!
    How do I know if I have successfully rooted my Droid?
    I have been researching it but Im not sure I understood it correctly. I have tried to play with the Roms that you all talk about, but It seems like there is something missing in the forums ive read. I think my phone is rooted, what is a good test to find out for sure. (Note: I have an icon of some ninja dude that is called superuser permission)

Now I'm not sure I know what the next step is. I tried to load a ROMS file to my sd but it did not work..

I am running the stock 2.0.1 system, I would like to go to Android 2.1.
    any thoughts?
    That means you are rooted.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID .rwar.
    The ninja means you have root aka super user control.

To put on a rom, you have to get a little familiar with the terms so you know what you are doing.

To get 2.1 on your phone you'll have to use a nandroid back up. To use a nandroid backup you'll need to have sprecovery installed.

Rootyourdroid.info has a wonderful guide on how to get sprecovery into your phone.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Pm me for it.
    Go to terminal emulator and type in

su

if it works with no erros you are rooted.

If you dont want to manully do everything download dmupdater from droidmod.org and it will do everything then flash your own rom of choice after that.

Links