DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: swype removal on smoked glass

  1. Droid
    nikkix's Avatar
    Member #
    37219
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    77
    Phone
    Droid
    #1

    swype removal on smoked glass

    I have searched and cant find an answer. I am not able to install beta version of swype because i cannot uninstall the ver that came with this rom.ive tried the fixes, however i am not able to delete the apk using andro mate, or root explorer. In fact root expolorer cant even find root access. Can anyone please help?


    Edit
    I have deleted the filed but now after installing the new ver, i cant find it. No options to use swype
    Last edited by nikkix; 03-06-2010 at 05:34 PM.
  2. Banned
    gavron's Avatar
    Member #
    32757
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    555
    Phone
    VZW Moto Droid + N900 ;)
    #2
  3. Junior Droid
    Kabizzle's Avatar
    Member #
    31792
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    19
    Phone
    Droid
    #3
    Quick fix for people having trouble with not being able to uninstall Swype and who are too cheap to buy Root Explorer :P and feel fairly comfortable with Terminal Emulator:
    1. Delete any files you can using Astro
    2. Mount your card with the following command in Terminal Emulator:
    mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
    3. Delete both of the files with the commands:
    rm /system/app/Swype.apk
    rm /system/lib/libSwypeCore.so
    4. You're done!
    That should fix any problems with being unable to uninstall the leaked version (not the beta). Now you can download the beta and you're ready to go!
  4. RS Admin
    christim's Avatar
    Member #
    30681
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    5,115
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    #4
    Thanks, had root explorer. I renamed both files so they ended in .bak in case I wanted to revert back to them.
    Chris

    If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.


    Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  5. Junior Droid
    macmhood's Avatar
    Member #
    35720
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    Droid
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabizzle View Post
    Quick fix for people having trouble with not being able to uninstall Swype and who are too cheap to buy Root Explorer :P and feel fairly comfortable with Terminal Emulator:
    1. Delete any files you can using Astro
    2. Mount your card with the following command in Terminal Emulator:
    mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
    3. Delete both of the files with the commands:
    rm /system/app/Swype.apk
    rm /system/lib/libSwypeCore.so
    4. You're done!
    That should fix any problems with being unable to uninstall the leaked version (not the beta). Now you can download the beta and you're ready to go!
    Worked great! Thanks
  6. Droid
    nygh's Avatar
    Member #
    16329
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    85
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by macmhood View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabizzle View Post
    Quick fix for people having trouble with not being able to uninstall Swype and who are too cheap to buy Root Explorer :P and feel fairly comfortable with Terminal Emulator:
    1. Delete any files you can using Astro
    2. Mount your card with the following command in Terminal Emulator:
    mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
    3. Delete both of the files with the commands:
    rm /system/app/Swype.apk
    rm /system/lib/libSwypeCore.so
    4. You're done!
    That should fix any problems with being unable to uninstall the leaked version (not the beta). Now you can download the beta and you're ready to go!
    Worked great! Thanks
    I keep getting "mount: Operation not permitted".
  7. Droid Newbie
    endisky's Avatar
    Member #
    44628
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by nygh View Post

    I keep getting "mount: Operation not permitted".
    Long time listener, first time caller... (first post on here).

    You need to enable SuperUser mode by typing su first.

    *disclaimer- I have absolutly no idea what I am talking about, never used linux before screwin with my droid this whole week, but it worked for me ( I feel so proud of myself!) *
  8. Droid
    nygh's Avatar
    Member #
    16329
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    85
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by endisky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nygh View Post

    I keep getting "mount: Operation not permitted".
    Long time listener, first time caller... (first post on here).

    You need to enable SuperUser mode by typing su first.

    *disclaimer- I have absolutly no idea what I am talking about, never used linux before screwin with my droid this whole week, but it worked for me ( I feel so proud of myself!) *
    You're great! it worked!

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. NEW ROM: Smoked Glass 5.0.1
    By gavron in forum Android Roms
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-12-2010, 08:49 AM
  2. I'm confused... Smoked Glass Theme vs Smoked Glass ROM?
    By Shaneathan in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 01:18 PM
  3. Using DM1.0 - Smoked Glass ?
    By Vulcan1600 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 05:00 PM
  4. Smoked Glass V4.0
    By Red5LTr in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-14-2010, 11:15 AM

Search tags for this page

cannot delete libswypecore
,

cannot delete libswypecore.so

,
delete libswypecore
,

delete libswypecore.so

,
desinstalar swype
,
how to delete libswypecore
,

how to delete libswypecore.so

,
how to delete swye glass on android
,
libswypecore.so
,

libswypecore.so cannot be deleted

,
libswypecore.so delete
,
remove libswypecore.so
,
remove swype root
,

swype.apk cannot be deleted

,
uninstall swype libswypecore.so
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+