DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Help!! I may have bricked my Droid

  1. Droid Ninja
    nerdbox08's Avatar
    Member #
    22363
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,154
    Phone
    DROID .rwar.
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanknspank View Post
    Yea, I just hate it when people have a problem, fear the worse, then it could be simply fixed by a backup that only every thread suggest you do before trying something...

    Touche, but if no one got in a card accident we wouldn't have car insurance. ha ha

    People are funny creatures.
    I had a nice signature, but the mean ate it.
  2. Beta Team
    Tanknspank's Avatar
    Member #
    27138
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,548
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Premium Member
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdbox08 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanknspank View Post
    Yea, I just hate it when people have a problem, fear the worse, then it could be simply fixed by a backup that only every thread suggest you do before trying something...

    Touche, but if no one got in a card accident we wouldn't have car insurance. ha ha

    People are funny creatures.
    Yea, but car accidents don't void warranties. Well, in most scenarios anyway :P
  3. Droid Ninja
    nerdbox08's Avatar
    Member #
    22363
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,154
    Phone
    DROID .rwar.
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanknspank View Post
    Yea, but car accidents don't void warranties. Well, in most scenarios anyway :P

    lol, true.

    Anyways, I agree. SPRecovery was created for a reason, and a very good one at that.

    I do a backup every time I make a major change like that. I need a functioning phone ALWAYS, so I make sure I can get it back to what I had, stock and many different versions along the way.
    I had a nice signature, but the mean ate it.
  4. Droid Ninja
    MJ5150's Avatar
    Member #
    18384
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lacey, Washington
    Posts
    1,040
    Phone
    Droid 1
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdbox08 View Post
    Don't be mean. The phone isn't bricked. You know better, don't take advantage of his ignorance.
    Alright, sorry.

    -Mike
  5. Droid Ninja
    nerdbox08's Avatar
    Member #
    22363
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,154
    Phone
    DROID .rwar.
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ5150 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdbox08 View Post
    Don't be mean. The phone isn't bricked. You know better, don't take advantage of his ignorance.
    Alright, sorry.

    -Mike

    :P
    I had a nice signature, but the mean ate it.
  6. Master Droid
    NoKz's Avatar
    Member #
    8718
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    328
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    #16
    Bricking your Droid is damn near impossible now. Get ahold of RSDlite 4.6 and fix it. :P
    Last edited by NoKz; 03-06-2010 at 04:48 PM.
    Android user since Droid 1 launch.
    • Droid Razr Maxx (Current): Eclipse ICS v1.1
    • Droid Bionic (Wife's Current/My Previous): Eclipse v2.2
    • DroidX (Retired): Liberty3 v2.0
    • Droid 1 (Retired): Project Elite @ 1.25GHz SV
    "I can't wait to get it out of the box and void its warranty"
  7. Master Droid
    alienware777's Avatar
    Member #
    10139
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    616
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid
    #17
    You have sbrecovery right? If you do, don't use RSDlite. Download this file. virginoem-backup.zip . Boot into nandroid. Go to mount options and choose sdcard. Copy above file to your nandroid folder. Unmount sdcard. On the main menu screen, do both of the wipes. Go to backup/restore. Choose advanced restore. Choose the backup you just installed (your only one). Make sure all the options are checked below. Press restore. Reboot when done.

    RSDlite works guys, but don't be suggesting that to everyone. You can kill your phone even worse doing that. If he has sbrcovery it is faster and easier to just use that.
  8. Droid Ninja
    nerdbox08's Avatar
    Member #
    22363
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,154
    Phone
    DROID .rwar.
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by alienware777 View Post
    RSDlite works guys, but don't be suggesting that to everyone. You can kill your phone even worse doing that. If he has sbrcovery it is faster and easier to just use that.

    Good call, I had forgotten in light of all the files out there, this was one, and it's actually sitting on my phone.

    If you can get the virgin OEM like working, like alienware said, it's gonna be easiest.
    I had a nice signature, but the mean ate it.
  9. Beta Team
    Tanknspank's Avatar
    Member #
    27138
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,548
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Premium Member
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdbox08 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alienware777 View Post
    RSDlite works guys, but don't be suggesting that to everyone. You can kill your phone even worse doing that. If he has sbrcovery it is faster and easier to just use that.

    Good call, I had forgotten in light of all the files out there, this was one, and it's actually sitting on my phone.

    If you can get the virgin OEM like working, like alienware said, it's gonna be easiest.
    I only suggested that because he was having so many problems when booted up that I didn't know if he could mount it or not to copy the file over.
  10. Droid Sensei
    natediddy1120's Avatar
    Member #
    23380
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    3,183
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    #20
    Tell me why people do these things *without* making backups? That's probably the dumbest and most irresponsible thing you could do when doing these kinds of things I just don't understand why they are even messing around?

    Do people think that *nothing* will go wrong? Cause let me tell you, *something* will go wrong, a LOT. I had to restore a backup 4 times, in the last 15 minutes! Cause what I was doing kept fudging up...lol...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. I bricked my droid!!
    By Se7enLC in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-05-2010, 01:16 AM
  2. Bricked droid?
    By teemeee in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 07:51 AM
  3. Think I Bricked My Droid
    By king776 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 05:12 PM
  4. Bricked My Droid -- Help !
    By NubSlash in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 06:30 PM
  5. droid bricked itself?
    By router.exe in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-13-2010, 09:24 PM

Search tags for this page

bricked my droid

,
bricked my droid 1
,
briked my droid
,
did i brick my android
,

did i brick my droid

,
i bricked my android
,

i bricked my droid

,

is my droid bricked

,
my android is bricked
,
my droid is bricked
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+