DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bricked droid?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorolla Droid

Bricked droid?

So i was attemtping to use MetaMorph. I followed the guides exactly as Start Here | Root Your Droid told me to. Everything seemed fine and MetaMorph was going to the directory for me to choose my theme to install. I installed the Darkstar theme and then while it was loading, the phone restarted. Now it gets to the lock screen but then instantly restarts. It wont stop restarting until i take the battery out and the sd chip out. I am not sure what to do and ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

3. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teemeee View Post
    So i was attemtping to use MetaMorph. I followed the guides exactly as Start Here | Root Your Droid told me to. Everything seemed fine and MetaMorph was going to the directory for me to choose my theme to install. I installed the Darkstar theme and then while it was loading, the phone restarted. Now it gets to the lock screen but then instantly restarts. It wont stop restarting until i take the battery out and the sd chip out. I am not sure what to do and ANY help would be greatly appreciated.
    Boot into sprecovery and restore a nandroid backup that you SHOULD have done before using MM. If you didn't, then you can choose wipe dats/factory reset, wipe cache partition. If that doesn't work, then i'll point you into a direction of a certain thread that will surely work, but if you can load that far, actually load at all, then your not bricked.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    A955
    Also, if your phone starts it's boot cycle immediately after you insert your battery, remember to push x on the keyboard, THEN insert battery.
  5. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguychuck View Post
    Also, if your phone starts it's boot cycle immediately after you insert your battery, remember to push x on the keyboard, THEN insert battery.
    Sorry, took for granted that he would've known that already. Chuck is right. I sometimes forget that some people don't know every step there is to some things.
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanknspank View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teemeee View Post
    Boot into sprecovery and restore a nandroid backup that you SHOULD have done before using MM. If you didn't, then you can choose wipe dats/factory reset, wipe cache partition. If that doesn't work, then i'll point you into a direction of a certain thread that will surely work, but if you can load that far, actually load at all, then your not bricked.
    good ole nandroid backup saves you every time
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorolla Droid
    haha yeah that was my main problem. Kept booting right when i put the battery in and i couldnt get into the recovery mode. Just wiped the data/factory reset and teh cache.

=/ just tried booting it and it says that the setup wizard failed to close. all of the applications are failing to load and is asking to force quit. then it just restarts and goes back to the droid screen and starts the cycle all over again.
  8. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Premium Member
    I have a last resort, but I wish I could find another file before I gave you it. If I can't find it in another 5 minutes, then I'm going to give you the link.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorolla Droid
    Thanks tank =]

Ill learn to follow ALL the tutorial directions and do the nandroid backup next time haha
    really appreciate it tho.
  10. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Premium Member
    K try this first, and if that doesn't work, then try this.
    This is what I would do, unless someone else has a better idea? It's late here and I can't think of anything else right now...

Dang the first method won't work since you can't mount sd card from phone. Let me keep searching for the right link...

Hehe, this was quick do this:
    Download the official 2.0.1 update, which will replace the 2.0.1 su binary.
    Rename it to update.zip
    Copy it to sdcard
    Reboot phone in to sprecovery by holding x and the power button.
    Select Select Install, then allow, then install.
    If that doesn't work, then do option number two up top. I'll remove the link in the first so you can't even try it :P
    Last edited by Tanknspank; 03-05-2010 at 10:32 PM.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorolla Droid
    Yeah the first method wont work cuz i cant mount it to the computer.

I tried to do the second method, but the step where it tells me to hold 'up'
    on the d-pad while startup doesnt do anything.. i downloaded the .sbf files
    to load on to the phone, but the computer isn't detecting the phone. = /
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links