DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Uninstall car home update.zip

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid owner since 2/15/10

Uninstall car home update.zip

I have searched for over an hour and can not find the add on that uninstalls the car home ect. I believe I saw it with Petes or Black Droids ROMs. If someone could point me or link me in the right direction many thanks. I am looking for the moderate version. Also I just upgraded to Simply Stunning 2.1 v1.3 . I am thinking its ok to use it with 2.1 but not 100% sure, any one ? Thanks
    Rooted since 2/15/10
    CyanogenMod 7 latest Nightlie build
    Primes MSOC kernel
    Launcher Pro Plus/Paid
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell Toupee View Post
    I have searched for over an hour and can not find the add on that uninstalls the car home ect. I believe I saw it with Petes or Black Droids ROMs. If someone could point me or link me in the right direction many thanks. I am looking for the moderate version. Also I just upgraded to Simply Stunning 2.1 v1.3 . I am thinking its ok to use it with 2.1 but not 100% sure, any one ? Thanks
    [ROM 2.0.1] Bugless Beast V1.2 (3/1/10) STABLE

I am not sure that will work for 2.1. You can always just manually delete the app - that should be enough to remove it.
    Cool CM Tricks
    custom_backup_list.txt - make a list of files in /system that will survive a nightly install (ringtones, notifications, system apps, wallpapers, whatever)
    in Terminal Emulator, set this as your shell command: "/system/xbin/su -c /system/xbin/bash". You get all the features of bash, root access, and you can still use the initial command field for whatever you want (default is adding /data/local/bin to your path)
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    I read on another board that a guy was handling this issue by finding the app with root explorer and then doing the rw/ro thing and simply changing the file ext by deleting the K. So the file would end up being *.ap instead of *.apk. He reasoned that it would be easy to later make it available if needed.

I haven't tried this - I'm just reporting what I read. I think it was on Allroid.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I did the Root Explorer trick. What a great app I highly recommend that everyone spend $2 and get this truley invaluable program. I know this is said a lot but that is the best app on the Market hands down. Thanks for the replies.
    Rooted since 2/15/10
    CyanogenMod 7 latest Nightlie build
    Primes MSOC kernel
    Launcher Pro Plus/Paid
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    I did the Root Explorer trick. What a great app I highly recommend that everyone spend $2 and get this truley invaluable program. I know this is said a lot but that is the best app on the Market hands down. Thanks for the replies.
    Or if you don't want to spend $2, "Android Mate" is a root file explorer that is on the market for free.
    Cool CM Tricks
    custom_backup_list.txt - make a list of files in /system that will survive a nightly install (ringtones, notifications, system apps, wallpapers, whatever)
    in Terminal Emulator, set this as your shell command: "/system/xbin/su -c /system/xbin/bash". You get all the features of bash, root access, and you can still use the initial command field for whatever you want (default is adding /data/local/bin to your path)
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Se7enLC View Post
    Or if you don't want to spend $2, "Android Mate" is a root file explorer that is on the market for free.
    Does the free version let you change the read/write status?
    Baton Rouge, LA

Links