DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Am I doing this right?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Am I doing this right?

I recently rooted to droidmod 1.0. Then I wanted to try smoked glass so I saved the smoked glass .rom.tgz file in the root folder. After restarting in recovery I made a backup and then went to install a rom. I picked the smoked glass rom and went trough everything. Is this the right way to do it and if so how do I get back to droidmod? Thanks in advance for any help.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    SGN
    yep, and if you reboot into recovery and do a nandroid restore of that backup you created you will be back to the Droidmod that you saved
  4. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by madaopul View Post
    I recently rooted to droidmod 1.0. Then I wanted to try smoked glass so I saved the smoked glass .rom.tgz file in the root folder. After restarting in recovery I made a backup and then went to install a rom. I picked the smoked glass rom and went trough everything. Is this the right way to do it and if so how do I get back to droidmod? Thanks in advance for any help.
    The right way to install sg5.0 (or 4.5 for that matter) is to follow the instructions in its thread. The best way to get back to droidmod is to just run that the same way you ran it the first time after rooting. Did you run into an issue with SG? Sounds like you did it the right way but there is one way for SG4.5 and a slightly different way for SG5.0...sounds like you went the 5.0 route because you put the file in the root and it was a tgz file.
    Chris

If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.

Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Ok thanks. How do I delete old backups and completely remove the smoked glass rom? Also, I am sure this has been answered somewhere but what exactly does hitting "install" as opposed to the update file?

Links