DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP THIS NOBE who lost his maps

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto. Droid 1

HELP CAPTION NOBE LEG who lost his maps and needs to fined treasure

HI i recently put droid mod 1.0 on my droid,some hoe i uninstall ed my maps and cant get them back from the market im pretty freaked.i recently used enta utility and then i had issues with my maps the market says i have them but i cant open them or download them,if any one could help[ me id appreciated it i figured i try the easy mod first to root
    Last edited by dfarrell151; 03-02-2010 at 05:12 AM.

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto. Droid 1
    Also i wasa going to try to use dm updater and re flash but it says it do error cach/recovery/comand...file dose not exist
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto. Droid 1

help nobe fined his maps

first sorry for posting in 2 places but im freaking out im using droid mod 1.0 and coustomeized it with metamorph with high res blue,black mod, and glasssesque,i love the look thanks to the guys who made it happen and the how to witch i read and reserched i even figured how to get the theme and the phone design i wanted, any way back to the matter at hand when i used ta utilaty to put some cach on sd card my map forced closed i red on the market to uninstall the maps clear the catch and reinstall. well i cant get it back! futhermore when i made a mistake in the past in the options to include in droid mod one i re flashed and fixed them then i did the whole theme if i wer to re flash would my theme still be there? and it wont allow me to reflash if i use dm updater to re flash and start over it says

sh; line /cache/recovery/comand; no such file or directory
    i usulay reserch first but no luck,the reason i was going to re flash was there was an option if you r having map fc.
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Please Don't Cross Post....

Sounds like time for a Hard Reset and starting over....
    I personally would stay away from the cache to sdcard apps unless you have a class 6 sdcard.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto. Droid 1
    is that the only way? what if i re downloaded droid mod and take the old file out of my sd card?then try to re flash i belive it had maps in it how ever i could be wrong
  7. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dfarrell151 View Post
    is that the only way? what if i re downloaded droid mod and take the old file out of my sd card?then try to re flash i belive it had maps in it how ever i could be wrong
    dmupdater is supposed to be the easiest fastest way to root your phone and apply a rom. A couple of clicks and 10 minutes later you are done. You already have he tool just go and apply it. From your first post until now....you'd be done.

If you can take the droid mod rom file and open it up and take out the exact file you need and add it to your current rom with he correct permissions and not hose something else then you are braver than I.

You also can wait for a few more folks to wake up. Give it a couple of hours to see what sorts of responses you get to your OP. Good luck!
    Chris

If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.

Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto. Droid 1
    k thanks ill see if any one had this prob b4 this was the first rom and it was easy i guese i got greedy with out knowalage and this is what i get, but thanks for the reply
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto. Droid 1
    dmupdater wont let me re apply the rom should i download it agen? i dont think i should
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Backnblack gives good advice, I'd go for the hard reset.
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto. Droid 1
    ya thats what im going to do backed some apps up with astro or do u think that is a bad idea could a croupt file attach it self? so it the hard reset the factory reset wipe catch clean in spr recoyery? should i un root first? im better if some one holds my hand like the a** i am un till i learn just dont wana f my phone i thamk you for all yore help and concern on my issue with out treating me like im stupid and i now i need to reserch i wanted to root the reg way and i understand the concept just some people hav diffrent methodes i get confused im not the type to ask 4 help unless i relly need it i think my confidence is lost how do u lose ure map,embarsing if aney one can lend futher insight into hard reset (im preaty sure and im going to reserch) but i wana have every thing done be fore my son gets off school cuz i got a couple hrs then off i go
    sorry so long
    Last edited by dfarrell151; 03-02-2010 at 06:47 AM. Reason: add
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links