DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [ROM] Bugless Beast 1.2 3/1/10

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jbernard703 View Post
    I think it is unfair for anybody to complain about any bugs or lag or anything for that matter without installing via nandroid backup. If you install using update.zip you are not using a clean slate and most issues stem from that. Please if you have any issues with any ROMs, not just Pete's, nandroid it then go from there.
    Pete provided both methods because he knows there is no difference as long as you are going from one 2.01 rom to another 2.01 rom. There is absolutely no evidence (not anecdotal because I've used the update.zip method over a dozen times and my phone works great. And as everyone knows, my anecdotal evidence trumps everyone else's anecdotal evidence!! ) to support your position. There are a lot of people that do a clean wipe every time with the nandroid method and there are a lot of people that do the update.zip method every time.

If you think Pete is smart enough to develop these magnificent roms, why do you think it is stupid of him to provide the update.zip method of installation? Would he really post instructions to install his roms that is less than satisfactory? If he thought the update.zip method was substandard wouldn't he be warning people against it's use at the very least. Or would he simply not offer that as a method to install his roms?

It is fine that you have the opinion that the nandroid method is best, but it is not ok for you state that opinion as being a fact. I firmly believe that Pete does not believe complaints are unfair based on which of his methods you used to installed his roms. And further more, I donate every single time I install one of his new roms and I believe that gives me the absolute right to let him know of any bugs or issues I have. I post mostly here, but I read Alldroid to make sure that our concerns are passed on to Pete. He is very active over there and views bug reports in the manner in which they are offered - a guide for him on what needs to go into the next upgrade.

Damn, I'm long winded !! (I'm tired of typing and I'm not going back to read all this crap to see if there are typo and such, just ignore them)
    Baton Rouge, LA
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    got 1.1 its perfect dont mind a upgrade though new and fresher things
    Droid Eris.......... 5/10
    Blackberry.......... 2/10
    iPhone..........
    Droid.......... Doesnt Even Break A Sweat
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Hello Moto. Droid!!!

Question Wth???????

Quote Originally Posted by bitter View Post
    1.0 actually seemed buggy as **** to me. I'm happy this is out now.
    What the hell. i just installed bugless beast 0.7.8 yesterday which is fast a hell, has live wallpapers and everything else. im overclocked to 1000mhz and everything is running smooth. so im wondering what is the difference between this one and the one i have now?????????????
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I used the voice search all the time and its not working on 1.2 so i am going to go back to 1.1 for now. I Really Really like the modified stock theme of 1.2 though (Transparent drawer handle & status bar window). I want to use this theme with 1.1 Where within the rom are the files for this theme. I am going to copy the theme from 1.2 and use it with 1.1 Can someone please tell me where the files are located in the rom.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Love this ROM. Pete does great work. Never any bugs, I think most of you people are imagining things. Bugless for a reason.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by olletsocmit View Post
    I used the voice search all the time and its not working on 1.2 so i am going to go back to 1.1 for now. I Really Really like the modified stock theme of 1.2 though (Transparent drawer handle & status bar window). I want to use this theme with 1.1 Where within the rom are the files for this theme. I am going to copy the theme from 1.2 and use it with 1.1 Can someone please tell me where the files are located in the rom.
    There are two fixes posted here: [ROM 2.0.1] Bugless Beast V1.2 (3/1/10) STABLE

See posts 839 and 840. Seems to be a simple fix.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    CyanogenMOD 5.0.5.7
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post
    I think it is unfair for anybody to complain about any bugs or lag or anything for that matter without installing via nandroid backup. If you install using update.zip you are not using a clean slate and most issues stem from that. Please if you have any issues with any ROMs, not just Pete's, nandroid it then go from there.
    Pete provided both methods because he knows there is no difference as long as you are going from one 2.01 rom to another 2.01 rom. There is absolutely no evidence (not anecdotal because I've used the update.zip method over a dozen times and my phone works great. And as everyone knows, my anecdotal evidence trumps everyone else's anecdotal evidence!! ) to support your position. There are a lot of people that do a clean wipe every time with the nandroid method and there are a lot of people that do the update.zip method every time.

If you think Pete is smart enough to develop these magnificent roms, why do you think it is stupid of him to provide the update.zip method of installation? Would he really post instructions to install his roms that is less than satisfactory? If he thought the update.zip method was substandard wouldn't he be warning people against it's use at the very least. Or would he simply not offer that as a method to install his roms?

It is fine that you have the opinion that the nandroid method is best, but it is not ok for you state that opinion as being a fact. I firmly believe that Pete does not believe complaints are unfair based on which of his methods you used to installed his roms. And further more, I donate every single time I install one of his new roms and I believe that gives me the absolute right to let him know of any bugs or issues I have. I post mostly here, but I read Alldroid to make sure that our concerns are passed on to Pete. He is very active over there and views bug reports in the manner in which they are offered - a guide for him on what needs to go into the next upgrade.

Damn, I'm long winded !! (I'm tired of typing and I'm not going back to read all this crap to see if there are typo and such, just ignore them)
    Wow all that for me!! I am blushing. I was trying, maybe ineffectively, to make a point that using nandroid fixes lots of problems. The same thing Pete says when people post problems in his form at Alldroid. But since you obviously have read the post where he says this I am not sure what all the above was about.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post

Wow all that for me!! I am blushing. I was trying, maybe ineffectively, to make a point that using nandroid fixes lots of problems. The same thing Pete says when people post problems in his form at Alldroid. But since you obviously have read the post where he says this I am not sure what all the above was about.
    Aw, just having some fun. I just did it again. I wrote about two pages before I stopped to realize that I don't even care about this. So I deleted the two pages. Again, just having fun with the keyboard. I was bored!
    Baton Rouge, LA
  9. budmonster
    @BayouFlyFisher or anyone:
    I'm using Chevy's 1.25 kernel on Bugless Beast V0.4 Beta. Can you tell me what your SETCPU settings are. I don't know what to put my profiles on either (min/max). I'm thinking I should overclock at 800mhz, I don't know what is stable.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by budmonster View Post
    @BayouFlyFisher or anyone:
    I'm using Chevy's 1.25 kernel on Bugless Beast V0.4 Beta. Can you tell me what your SETCPU settings are. I don't know what to put my profiles on either (min/max). I'm thinking I should overclock at 800mhz, I don't know what is stable.
    My profiles are:

Charging: 550/250
    Sleep: 250/250 (I've never had the issue of being slow to come out of sleep)
    Power: <30% 550/250
    Failsafe: >50C 550/250

I'm currently running 1.1Ghz at 900 most of the time. But if a fanboy comes around, I jack it up to 1.1gzh.
    Baton Rouge, LA
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links