DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Turn off auto-rotate homescreen?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    A855

Turn off auto-rotate homescreen?

Ok so I have just updated with AdamZ new 5.0 ROM and decided to go with the 2.0.1 firmware with the auto-rotate option. Everything looks great and works beautifully except that the auto rotate to landscape mode bugs the crap out of me. I have searched through and through and haven't found a way to disable the auto rotate feature so that it only rotates when I slide the keyboard out. Does anyone out there know how I could possibly disable the auto rotate feature (without removing the ROM). Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
    meh
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (UltimateDroid)
    I'm having the same problem with DroidMod. I heard it's just a bug. Drives me nuts too.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Check out Pete's new 1.2 ROM. Has a stock theme, but without the dumb auto-rotate. I am loving it so far
  4. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    Jonny_Ks
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Bugless Beast doesn't do that...Haha! Sorry...Had to do it...
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Fascinate
    IT IS NOT A BUG!!!!!!!!!! y'all need to learn about stuff before saying its a bug, its actually a FEATURE put in by someone at alldroid, who also uploaded a version without autorotate. So don't down a Rom with it and praise Pete cause his doesn't have a "bug", just push a non autorotating launcher over yourself
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakuzagang5 View Post
    IT IS NOT A BUG!!!!!!!!!! y'all need to learn about stuff before saying its a bug, its actually a FEATURE put in by someone at alldroid, who also uploaded a version without autorotate. So don't down a Rom with it and praise Pete cause his doesn't have a "bug", just push a non autorotating launcher over yourself

OMGZZ!! I installed this ROM without reading what it will/will not do. Now that I found out it doesn't do something I wanted it to, there is a bug in this ROM. It sucks! OMGZZ!!!

-Mike
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakuzagang5 View Post
    I've tried the non-autorotate launcher.apk from alldroid, but it doesn't fix the DroidMod rotation in Home because I believe there is a bug.

I say there is a bug because if you turn off autorotation in Settings (like the dev's of DroidMod suggested), the Home still autorotates. And I suspect this BUG is the reason the non-autorate deodexed launcher.apk doesn't work correctly.

BUG, BUG, BUG
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    A855
    I thought the "auto-rotate" option in the settings menu was just for the apps to rotate. I never had the homescreen rotate before I had this ROM installed. I knew that the ROM had the auto rotate thing, I just fell in love about how well it ran on my Droid that I didn't want to change to another. I was just hoping someone knew of a way to turn off the auto rotate feature. I guess since AdamZ was the one who created the ROM, then he would probably know, or atleast one of the devs would. Someone out there has got know something...
    meh
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Does anyone have a link to a 5-screen 2.0.1 launcher without auto-rotate?

Reddit: TheRealBigLou
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MotorolaDroid:custmdeodxdese81
    I haven't found a non-autorotate launcher for 2.0.1 that is deodexed to work with deodexed roms, but I managed to get the launcher not to rotate on Droidmod1.0 by using the xUltimate tool that is posted over at alldroid.

It takes a bit of work, because you need the sdk, the motorola droid usb drivers (not just the ability to mount the sd card, but the drivers from their site), Java, and the xUltimate tool.

Then you have to launch xUltimate and follow directions that are posted on alldroid somewhere.

Overall the hardest part is definitely getting the xUltimate to see your phone by setting up the drivers and the sdk correctly. But it's pretty self explanitory if you know your way around a pc.

If you get this tool, it can edit your current launcher (the three screen default, or a 5 screen autorotate), and patch it to a 5 screen with OPTIONAL auto-rotate.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE, PM IF YOU NEED HELP!

SportsterBK8
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links