For those wanting to root using DM 1.0 join the channel #droidhelp and we can get you set up from start to finish, or we can just help you along the way
1. Download any IRC client or the link below (googling it will get you a result) (i use xchat)
2. create a nickname often reffered to as a nick
3. to join a channel you need to first join the server irc.freenode.net
4. then join the channel #droidhelp
5. now you should be in the channel for us to help
The IRC is basically a chat room where the developers, testers and users for DroidMod and any ROM really can discuss about problems, new things coming out or helping people get started. This is done entirely on the computer so no there is no charges associated with Verizon.
For those who really do not understand any of this follow this link and it will connect you with the channel, instead of #droidmod replace that with #droidhelp and that will bring you to the correct site