DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AdamZ Smoked Glass vs Droidmod 1.0

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

AdamZ Smoked Glass vs Droidmod 1.0

I know this is mostly personal preference. I like the look of both but which one ultimately is the most stable and snappier?
  2. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steveomatic View Post
    I know this is mostly personal preference. I like the look of both but which one ultimately is the most stable and snappier?
    If either one gave lots of issues you'd see posts saying so. I'm on SG4.5 and it works great. I know plenty are on droidmod and they are happy too. I love the blue colors I got so I didn't mess around with applying any themes. Least not yet
    I used these instructions after I rooted and got sprecovery from matth3w's thread
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ed-2-19-a.html
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Downloading Smoked Glass 5.0 now. At 118MB it is by far the biggest ROM to date but apparently gives you options on installation for font/theme/etc.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible!
    I actually just switched from DroidMod to SG4.5 this afternoon. I love the launcher with the dedicated phone/browser buttons, but it doesn't include live wallpapers. Not crazy about the blue personally, but that's not such a big deal. I'm about to try BB1.1 now. For the most part i think i prefer DroidMod so far.

Edit: SG5.0 wasn't up earlier this afternoon. Ok i'm trying that one before BB. Sounds like it installs more like DroidMod where you have some choices. Me likey.
    Last edited by claustin; 02-27-2010 at 03:17 PM.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by christim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by steveomatic View Post
    If either one gave lots of issues you'd see posts saying so. I'm on SG4.5 and it works great. I know plenty are on droidmod and they are happy too. I love the blue colors I got so I didn't mess around with applying any themes. Least not yet
    I used these instructions after I rooted and got sprecovery from matth3w's thread
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ed-2-19-a.html
    Smoked Glass 5.0 was just released a few hours ago, and includes all 3 variations (Full, Full w/Blue Clock, Glass only) inside. When installing via SPRecovery, you can change several options around, such as what to include and what to remove. The installation is slightly different however, so make sure to review this thread: AllDroid - View topic - [ROM.tgz] Smoked Glass v5.0 **BIG Update 02/27**

**EDIT** Claustin->5.0 includes Live Wallpapers, so try that out.
    Last edited by SG181; 02-27-2010 at 03:21 PM.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    When i still had the updater with 2.05 and smoked glass i could not have been any happier, then came droidmod 1.0 and it was down hill from there. First my droid could not connect usb to PC without useing debug feature and then i could no longer make phone calls. Also anytime i powered up droid it was always scanning for service. I ended up doing a factory reset so im back to stock.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I am using DroidMod 1.0 right now. But lately I too have been experiencing problems. Things like searching for service, USB debug mode always pops up instead of USB connect, occasional freezes, just recently 4 automatic reboots within the last hour and a half.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    I am running DroidMod and I must say for me it is very stable and quick. I have yet to have any problems everything works perfectly, no random reboots or anything, no problems connecting to USB. The only thing I dont like is the Milestone browser to me it dont seem to render the fonts right or something, I just dont like it compared to the stock browser I gotta switch back to stock browser.
    Last edited by angryGTS; 02-27-2010 at 05:00 PM.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Just switched from Droidmod to AdamZ and for me, it's AdamZ ftw. Then again, I am lucky that the launcher and interactive wallpapers are working for me. It looks like I may be the exception.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Both ROMs are extremely stable. I think at this point it comes down to theme. Adamz looks amazing, and DroidMod didn't include it in 1.0, so you have to add it yourself. It may have just been me, but this combo and my phone didn't get along. Tons of FC, laggy as hell. Stock was quicker.
    Bottom line, if you like stock look, DroidMod, Smoked Glass look, Adamz.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links