These instructions detail how to flash a new boot image that has already been made. If you want to make one of your own use instructions located here: http://www.alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?f=210&t=2712
Also, for simplicity, I use DM Updater. This is optional, you can install root/sprecovery with your own preferred method if you wish.
Credit for this hack goes out to daikonv. Without him this would not be possible.
1) Make an Advanced Nandroid backup of everything, copy that folder to your PC just to be safe.
2) Download RSDLite
3) Download Motorola Drivers: 32 or 64 bit
4) Download the sbf file that has the logo you want
5) Install Drivers and RSDLite
6) Shut phone off
7) Connect to PC
8) Hold up on the D pad when you turn it on until black screen comes up.
9) Click show device and make sure your phone is listed in number 1
9) Load the sbf file into RSDLite and click Start.
10) After update goes through process it will probably say failed.. just click show device and then reboot your phone.
11) Notice the new logo as your phone boots
12) activate your phone, sign in to google, and download DMUpdater
13) Install root using DM Updater then restart into Recovery and apply update.zip to apply the root hack.
14) Reboot, noticing your logo again
15) Open DMUpdater, install recovery.
16) Reboot into recovery and select advanced nandroid restore
17) choose backup > select the one you just made before you did all this
18) make sure Data/System/Cache/Misc are all checked and click restore.
19) Reboot, notice your logo once again knowing that you have completed this simple process.
i'm not going to keep track of all the new logos that are and will be available however here is the one I use made by boostdscoob and the original Moto Logo just in case you want to get back to the original:
Dexter (The Serial Killer) - boostdscoob
Original Moto Logo - Motorola uploaded by boostdscoob
To see more logos made by boostdscoob please visit this link.
I will readd the video when I have time to remake it a little more professionally.