DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Editing a nandroid back-up

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Editing a nandroid back-up

Last night I tried taking Adamz's Nandroid BU SGPro 4.5 and opening it to add and remove sounds apks and fonts. Everytime I would rezip it and flash it, the ROM would give me a "error 28 corrupt files. I tried it with winzip and 7zip. Now I am starting to think that this can't be done...

Your thoughts....

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid
    You don't want to rezip it if you can --- make a copy of the nandroid backup. Extract the backup copy. Take whatever you want to do -- edit/add/etc from the backup copy. Then simply add these changes to the unzipped nandroid backup by dragging and dropping them in through winrar/7zip. This will replace the files. Either that or you need Stericon's autosign package available on xda. It allows you to resign apps and updates (etc). I'll give you the link if you want it.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by kevdog View Post
    You don't want to rezip it if you can --- make a copy of the nandroid backup. Extract the backup copy. Take whatever you want to do -- edit/add/etc from the backup copy. Then simply add these changes to the unzipped nandroid backup by dragging and dropping them in through winrar/7zip. This will replace the files. Either that or you need Stericon's autosign package available on xda. It allows you to resign apps and updates (etc). I'll give you the link if you want it.
    I would like that link for resigning if you don't mind.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by kevdog View Post
    Kev,

I am most likely doing something wrong with 7zip. I will try Winrar or Stericon's autosign....
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid
    Here are the two links I have

1. This one Ive tried -- it works well for signing individual apks -- I Created Auto-Sign app for update.zip and Launcher.apk! :Possibly abandoned! - Page 3 - xda-developers

2. Stericon's tool -- If on windows can right click on any folder within explorer and choose autosign: Signing made easy.... [ Updated July/2009 ] - xda-developers There are videos how to do this somewhere (on youtube). You might want to search for them.

Links