DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Unbrick the phone using .sbf?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid

Arrow Unbrick the phone using .sbf?

Hey all... I'm gonna be pickin up a droid from the verizon store later today... anyways, I've decided that I'm going to root my phone with droidsmod via dm updater so i can overclock the phone to 800 mhz. However, I'm still afraid of my phone bricking (getting stuck at the droid logo, etc.)... Would this fix:

AllDroid - View topic - Unroot/Unbrick your phone using .sbf

let me restore my phone if something were to go wrong? I need to know for sure before rooting.

thanks.

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by entraik View Post
    Hey all... I'm gonna be pickin up a droid from the verizon store later today... anyways, I've decided that I'm going to root my phone with droidsmod via dm updater so i can overclock the phone to 800 mhz. However, I'm still afraid of my phone bricking (getting stuck at the droid logo, etc.)... Would this fix:

let me restore my phone if something were to go wrong? I need to know for sure before rooting.

thanks.
    Great first post!!! Hope the mods don't close this because the topic has been discussed......i think this there are key words in your topic that will bring users straight to here and get immediate answers without digging for hours of posts. So all that can add information will be welcome. I think your link should be used as a last resort. There will be others that can help with this topic before it reaches that point
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by entraik View Post

thanks.
    When you install DMUpdater it will want to flash your recovery image. And you will make a nandroid backup once you get it set up how you want it. But yes, that .sbf file is a last resort in case you really screw something up. 9 times out of 10 a nandroid backup can get you back to working order if you mess up. But in the case that you really mess up and lose your recovery image and your entire system structure on your phone, as long as you can still get in the bootloader this .sbf file will save you.

The RSDLite and the .sbf file is what Verizon would use if you brought them a Droid that was messed up. It basically reflashes your entire phone to stock.
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Using DM updater you really don't have anything to worry about. It's so easy even I could use it without messing up.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct

Links