DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Genie Widget Transparent

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member

Genie Widget Transparent

When I am unrooted, I prefer to use the transparent .apk for my news/weather widget. I just decided tonight to see what all the buzz is about the DroidMod 1.0 and decided to root again. (So far it's amazing). I am getting the default news/weather widget with the black background. Using Astro I attempted to reinstall the transparent widget but it will not work. Is there a way to use the transparent widget while rooted?

Thanks in advance.
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    the only one I've seen was for 2.1
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Absolutely, if you can't find the transparent genie widget you can download one of my themes and just apply the geniewidget part which will make your current geniewidget transparent.

http://endlessobsessions.com/ryan/transparent.zip
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stanrc View Post
    Absolutely, if you can't find the transparent genie widget you can download one of my themes and just apply the geniewidget part which will make your current geniewidget transparent.

http://endlessobsessions.com/ryan/transparent.zip
    I downloaded this and put it on my SD card. Opened up Astro but it wouldn't install this. I'm sorry, forgive my old age here, but I'm not sure what I did wrong. I have a Vista computer and cannot rename files either. Any advice?
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

--------

6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Sorry I didn't specify, this is a Metamorph theme. You need to install metamorph to use this. Metamorph requires root and busybox be installed as well. once you have that setup you should have a folder on your sdcard called AndroidThemes. Just put the zip you downloaded into that folder, open MM, pick them and select transparent.zip. Then select geniewidget.apk to make it transparent. You will probably have to re-add the widget for it to take effect.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Vulcan you will need to install it via metamorph
    "Harley Davidson - The Perfect Machine to Turn Gasoline into Noise Without the Pesky Bi-Product of Horsepower!"
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Ok, what is Metamorph and Busybox....sorry you guys are too advanced and I'm just falling behind. I am rooted to DroidMod 1.0 now, so I am guessing I could do this. Will look for the answers in the morning as I'm off to bed.

I really miss my transparent news widget!

--------

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Metamorph can be downloaded from the Market (free or donate) and i'm sure there are a few guides on this site about installing busybox.
  10. jev
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx D.E., Moto X
    busybox comes installed with droidmod 1.0.
  11. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stanrc View Post
    Sorry I didn't specify, this is a Metamorph theme. You need to install metamorph to use this. Metamorph requires root and busybox be installed as well. once you have that setup you should have a folder on your sdcard called AndroidThemes. Just put the zip you downloaded into that folder, open MM, pick them and select transparent.zip. Then select geniewidget.apk to make it transparent. You will probably have to re-add the widget for it to take effect.
    No wonder your name is Stan - because Stan is the man! I really am uncertain about these things when it comes to modding phones, but now I'm rooted with DM 1.0, OC at 800MHZ, Live Wallpapers work great, no FC's and I've got my transparent news widget working! I admit it was trial and error getting the Metamorph to work. Somehow when it looked at the zip file it said there were two things available to install, so I selected them both to install. I went back and deleted the news widget and went back to install the widget and said it wasn't available. So I went back into Metamorph and saw the geniewidget.apk and selected it, and voila, it worked this time.

I love the transparent things on my phone. I've been reading about people using the Smoked Glass theme, maybe that will be my next project I tackle today since I'm at home sick.

Stan - what is Metamorph, is it like Astro?

--------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links