DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Rooting/ROM Experience.

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

My Rooting/ROM Experience.

Today I finally gave in and decided to root my droid and install a custom rom onto it. A few hours later, I can say that I don't think i'm going to look back.

For those who are interested/curious, i'm just going to tell you the easiest way/simplest way to get this whole process over and done with.

First of all, add DroidReview as a subscription to your youtube account and follow everything from there.

It was painless, and although i do find myself tech savvy, at least enough to be able to follow through with proper directions, it should be headache free even for the noobiest of noobs.

I would suggest like everyone else, to read up of course, (i did alot of research through reading through these forums and rootyourdroid.info are VERY helpful in understanding what you are doing exactly and how to do it correctly)

Now, i'm running Bugless Beast v1.0 with all the goodies of wireless-wifi tethering and overclocked CPU access and the rest of the things "2.1" should have offered us. For now, i've turned to the darkside and i encourage other who are fed us, as i was, in waiting for this 2.1 non-sense when ROMS are offering those things already and so much more.

I am no expert, but if a noob like myself can do it, anyone can.

Thank you all from droidforums for your help/comments
  2. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    Videos will probably help more so than text files. I also rooted for the first time today. Seeing someone apply a rom via sprecovery would have saved me at least 45 minutes of head scratching.
  3. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EpyonZeroX View Post
    Today I finally gave in and decided to root my droid and install a custom rom onto it. A few hours later, I can say that I don't think i'm going to look back.

For those who are interested/curious, i'm just going to tell you the easiest way/simplest way to get this whole process over and done with.

First of all, add DroidReview as a subscription to your youtube account and follow everything from there.

It was painless, and although i do find myself tech savvy, at least enough to be able to follow through with proper directions, it should be headache free even for the noobiest of noobs.

I would suggest like everyone else, to read up of course, (i did alot of research through reading through these forums and rootyourdroid.info are VERY helpful in understanding what you are doing exactly and how to do it correctly)

Now, i'm running Bugless Beast v1.0 with all the goodies of wireless-wifi tethering and overclocked CPU access and the rest of the things "2.1" should have offered us. For now, i've turned to the darkside and i encourage other who are fed us, as i was, in waiting for this 2.1 non-sense when ROMS are offering those things already and so much more.

I am no expert, but if a noob like myself can do it, anyone can.

Thank you all from droidforums for your help/comments
    Welcome to the dark side! For me, the best thing about this forum is the ability to fine valuable information that others, like you, take time to post.
    Enjoy the new rooted Droid

Mike
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DrOiD
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EpyonZeroX View Post

Thanks for the tip!!
    *~*Corinacakes*~*

-Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!

If you like my work and would like to help get my nails done I'd love it!
  5. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    After rooting and flashing so many different ROMs I can absolutely say that my chances for going back to stock as very very slim lol! I don't even care about the 2.1 update anymore lol!!! Go Rooted Droids (and stock ones too lol).
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Wireless Tethering with BB v1.0?

I rooted today, Bugless Beast v1.0, and although everything works great I must say I'm a bit confused about the wireless tethering part. In Pete's post, it said the ROM came with wireless tethering but down below it says reccomended apps, one being the Wireless Tethering App.

Now, I have no wireless tethering app installed on my phone, and I'm not sure if this is right or not, but the rom seems to have flashed perfectly. However Pete had no download link to "Wireless Tethering App (modified by Berzerker)".

Is there a way I can download this .apk, or is something else wrong?

Thanks!
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    You have to download the apk and install it.

Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    Congratulations. I agree with JonKyu, I am running AdamZ's Smoked Glass ROM, lots of the 2.1 apps, MT browser, etc. Also running GDE so the 2.1 launcher (that is currently buggy) is a moot point, GDE also lets me run the interactive wallpapers as well. I don't have ANY reason to go back to stock for 2.1 Someone will also get the 2.1 launcher working at some point as well.

Have fun with your NEW phone!
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by cupfulloflol View Post

Alright, thanks. I guess my only question would be are these the correct wifi .apks? Pete's post says "(Wireless Tethering App (modified by Berzerker))".

I cannot find one "modified by Berzerker", so these are them?

Thanks
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle132 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cupfulloflol View Post

Alright, thanks. I guess my only question would be are these the correct wifi .apks? Pete's post says "(Wireless Tethering App (modified by Berzerker))".

I cannot find one "modified by Berzerker", so these are them?

Thanks
    To be honest with you, I have had no need to use wifi tethering, so I have never tested it. I have seen that one linked all over the forums though, and it seems to be popular having reached high numbers of downloads in a rather short period of time. With that said, if you want the Berzerker one, if there is indeed a difference, it is linked near the bottom [Themed ROM] Smoked Glass w/ White Clock

It is a direct download link, so I didn't want to directly link it here.

*Edit* Congrats to the OP on conquering the true power of your Droid. Good luck with it.
    Last edited by cupfulloflol; 02-22-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links