DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Rebooting page on droid

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Rebooting page on droid

So i went to the booting animation thing for newbs thread and followed every step but when i get to the last part of typing "...adb push etc..." in it says no such file or directory. I downloaded the zip file unziped it and put it in my c drive. I then opened that zip file and put the boot animation in the tools of the unzipped file. i then opend up the cmd on my computer and typed in everything it found my device but when i go to push it to my device it says the file does not exist and i have debugging on. Can someone help
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Moved to correct sub-forum.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    I think the least complicated method for installing custom boot animations is to get root explorer from the market. Just download the boot animation you want and place it in your sdcard. Then go into root explorer and copy the boot animation and paste it into system/media. You should make a backup of the boot animation that is already in there incase you want to revert back. Make sure you have read/write permissions (to get this click the button at the top of the app that says remount with r/w or something like that) when you paste the file in system/media. Also, I think you need to rename your custom boot animation to bootanimation.zip. Hope this helps.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jrummy16 View Post
    I think the least complicated method for installing custom boot animations is to get root explorer from the market. Just download the boot animation you want and place it in your sdcard. Then go into root explorer and copy the boot animation and paste it into system/media. You should make a backup of the boot animation that is already in there incase you want to revert back. Make sure you have read/write permissions (to get this click the button at the top of the app that says remount with r/w or something like that) when you paste the file in system/media. Also, I think you need to rename your custom boot animation to bootanimation.zip. Hope this helps.
    +1, definately the easiest way
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Talking

The way described above is almost too easy. It makes me wonder why anyone bothered to try to push and blah blah blah... THANKS!

Links