DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Has anyone fried their Droid yet??

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Has anyone fried their Droid yet??

So there has been a lot of talk about the dangers of overclocking, especially since Petes 7.6 came out with 1200 oc. My question is, has anyone actually damaged or even fried their Droid due to overclocking??

Many says its crazy and not needed to run that fast and that 800 is enough. I'm running 1200, very stable, great battery life and normal temperatures. How? With the conservative setting on SetCPU it doesn't run at 1200 unless it NEEDS to. Most of the time it sits at 600. If I'm talking on the phone and navigating at the same time, it'll kick up to 1200. The point of overclocking isn't to run at 1200 mhz all the time. THAT would be crazy. The point is to have access to that extra speed when needed so your phone doesn't lag, which now mines doesn't! I don't understand why the Droid wasn't built this way from the start (speaking of the CPU scaling). Unless there are people frying their Droids, I don't see how this is stupid. Just watch your temps, be conservative on SetCPU, and enjoy having a super fast Droid!
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I'm new to SetCPU, how do you set it so that it only goes to max processing power when it needs to?
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    It pretty much automatically does that. Move the top sliders to your max and min, and then set your profiles, and of course, it will only upclock when it decides it needs to.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bugless Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by rustydude0749 View Post
    I'm new to SetCPU, how do you set it so that it only goes to max processing power when it needs to?
    On the right hand side it says "CPU Governor". The option you want for what you described above is labeled "ondemand" I'm not sure what "userspace" refers to, but for max power all the time, you want "performance" and if you aren't going to be using your phone much in an area and want to save battery, switch it to "conservative".
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by CorvetteAustin24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rustydude0749 View Post
    On the right hand side it says "CPU Governor". The option you want for what you described above is labeled "ondemand" I'm not sure what "userspace" refers to, but for max power all the time, you want "performance" and if you aren't going to be using your phone much in an area and want to save battery, switch it to "conservative".
    userspace is a stub that has yet to be developed.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Perfect! Thanks a ton guys, I appreciate it!
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr

Links