DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: No more SholesModUpdater!! he's leaving

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal2000H View Post
    Hahaha I knew this would happen DAYS ago.
    I was in their IRC chat room to ask a few questions and one of the guys was flipping out on another, calling him a thief. The alleged thief said he hadn't gotten the money from Google yet, but the others (or at least the guy calling him out) on the sholes team didn't believe him.
    It can take a while to get money from google checkout... so I do believe this.
  2. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1675 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    One minute I look on here I see they done, next min I see they gonna get it resolved. I would like to hear from the source. They do not owe me a full explanation but they need to atleast let those with the rom know wtf is going on and will they continue on or pack.up the tent for good.
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Nothing was stolen. There was a disagreement between two members of the sholes team, one being the creator of smupdater. Yes, the website is down at the moment, it will be back up shortly. smupdater nor sholes rom is going anywhere. All the money that was donated (yes donated, look it up) will be put into a LLC company so Camel and mpurcell don't have to pay ludicrous taxes on donations. Sholes is and always will be a not-for-profit team. Any money you donate goes to things such as servers, equipment, bandwidth, and occasionally, to buy information to better the Android community. If you really do wish to get a refund, you are more than welcome to, but please understand that you will be taking money away from a dev (Camel) that he does not have and and punishing someone who does not deserve it. Google keeps their cut of every sale, even those refunded.

Again, things went way out of control and personal views were mixed with the sholes team (who do NOT share the same views/goals). Things have been settled. Your donations are safe. Sholes is not dead or going anywhere. Please spread this around on any other sites who may have reposted the post on sholes.info.
    Last edited by RonDutt; 02-18-2010 at 09:07 PM.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible Droid
    Thanks for the info....
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    That's exactly what we wanted. Thanks.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by bb-gun View Post
    The sholes team didn't do anything wrong. It was the app developer they hired that stole the money. The sholes team aren't even trying to make money off of their work. They won't even set up a paypal.
    So technically...if they arent trying to make money, hypothetically, why is money the issue?

Just saying...
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by ipawd1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bb-gun View Post
    The sholes team didn't do anything wrong. It was the app developer they hired that stole the money. The sholes team aren't even trying to make money off of their work. They won't even set up a paypal.
    So technically...if they arent trying to make money, hypothetically, why is money the issue?

Just saying...
    Benefit of the doubt -- maybe a bill was due or something....
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Man this is crazy yo I don't know what to do if to unroot and go back to stock or beleave it and stay. With the rom
  9. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1675 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RonDutt View Post
    Nothing was stolen. There was a disagreement between two members of the sholes team, one being the creator of smupdater. Yes, the website is down at the moment, it will be back up shortly. smupdater nor sholes rom is going anywhere. All the money that was donated (yes donated, look it up) will be put into a LLC company so Camel and mpurcell don't have to pay ludicrous taxes on donations. Sholes is and always will be a not-for-profit team. Any money you donate goes to things such as servers, equipment, bandwidth, and occasionally, to buy information to better the Android community. If you really do wish to get a refund, you are more than welcome to, but please understand that you will be taking money away from a dev (Camel) that he does not have and and punishing someone who does not deserve it. Google keeps their cut of every sale, even those refunded.

Again, things went way out of control and personal views were mixed with the sholes team (who do NOT share the same views/goals). Things have been settled. Your donations are safe. Sholes is not dead or going anywhere. Please spread this around on any other sites who may have reposted the post on sholes.info.
    ok please do not take offense to this because i hope this is all legit and sholes can keep it going. i see this is your first post are you apart or affiliated with the sholes group.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Im sticking with the rom. Whats the worse case scenario?
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Links