Hi there I'm in a bit of confusion. I have a original Droid Razr that has the Android version 4.0.4. The phone is rooted with droidrazrroot and has the superuser app and Bionic Bootstrapp app as well. So I just bought a clean Droid Razr Maxx HD and I popped sim card in and everything worked fine. After looking into the apps that were on the phone I noticed both superuser app and Bionic Bootstrapp app were on the phone. So i immediately tired to see if the hotspot would work. And it did. No message came up saying some charges might apply..?? So is my phone rooted? Did it the root transfer to my new Droid Razr Maxx HD?

Here is another question I have for the pros.. I also checked to see what Android version was running on my Droid Razr Maxx HD and it was 4.0.4. So now im really confused. Shouldn't it be the new Jelly Bean? Also my Droid Razr Maxx HD is asking to update. Should I do that or will it brick? I guess bottom line is that Id like my new phone to be rooted like my other one. Any help on what I should do would be greatly appreciated.