DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: im new and not sure what im looking for

  1. Master Droid
    tiggerxplur's Avatar
    Member #
    29550
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    656
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #1

    im new and not sure what im looking for

    i have just rotted my phone and was wondering what a good rom to have what i would like to do is overclock but im not sure how fast i would want it i have read that 800 is safe and effective and i would kinda like to have 2.1 but not sure if it can be overclocked any suggestions??

    also would prefer to be able to uninstall a few stock apps such as amazon
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid Sensei
    natediddy1120's Avatar
    Member #
    23380
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    3,183
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    #2
    After you root, you HAVE to flash SPRecovery to your Droid before you go flashing ROMs....or doing ANYTHING for that matter...

  4. Developer
    woodyman's Avatar
    Member #
    31911
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,610
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    @DroidConcepts
    Phone
    D1, D2, D3
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerxplur View Post
    i have just rotted my phone and was wondering what a good rom to have what i would like to do is overclock but im not sure how fast i would want it i have read that 800 is safe and effective and i would kinda like to have 2.1 but not sure if it can be overclocked any suggestions??

    also would prefer to be able to uninstall a few stock apps such as amazon

    I would highly recommend the sholes rom, 2.0.3 if u want the 3D app drawer like 2.1 and 2.0.5 if you don't.. both have options durings install process to remove amazon and others.. over clock works and I'm stable even on 1ghz on my droid, although it seems like every phone is different so urs mayor may not be stable.. 800mhz is fast enough for me.. and sholes 2.0.3 has all or vey close to all of the 2.1 features..
  5. Master Droid
    tiggerxplur's Avatar
    Member #
    29550
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    656
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by natediddy1120 View Post
    After you root, you HAVE to flash SPRecovery to your Droid before you go flashing ROMs....or doing ANYTHING for that matter...

    i have a nand back up and everything so i believe im ready to go
  6. Developer
    woodyman's Avatar
    Member #
    31911
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,610
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    @DroidConcepts
    Phone
    D1, D2, D3
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by natediddy1120 View Post
    After you root, you HAVE to flash SPRecovery to your Droid before you go flashing ROMs....or doing ANYTHING for that matter...

    And the sholes app will flash recovery for you.. idownload the sholes SMUpdater app and will do most of the work for you, super easy to use.. download from the market to support the devs, or you can even get the app free from their site..
  7. Droid Sensei
    natediddy1120's Avatar
    Member #
    23380
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    3,183
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    #6
    Okay, I'll put it this way, if you WANT to know what you're doing to your *expensive* phone in case of future problems with hacking, you need to install SPRecovery yourself and learn how to do these types of things...

    If you don't care about HOW these things are done, then get the app woodyman is talking about called SholesMod Updater, and let it do everything for you

  8. Droid Sensei
    natediddy1120's Avatar
    Member #
    23380
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    3,183
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerxplur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by natediddy1120 View Post
    After you root, you HAVE to flash SPRecovery to your Droid before you go flashing ROMs....or doing ANYTHING for that matter...

    i have a nand back up and everything so i believe im ready to go
    Well if you already went through the process of flashing SPRecovery and making nandroid backups then go for it...

  9. Master Droid
    tiggerxplur's Avatar
    Member #
    29550
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    656
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyman View Post
    I would highly recommend the sholes rom, 2.0.3 if u want the 3D app drawer like 2.1 and 2.0.5 if you don't.. both have options durings install process to remove amazon and others.. over clock works and I'm stable even on 1ghz on my droid, although it seems like every phone is different so urs mayor may not be stable.. 800mhz is fast enough for me.. and sholes 2.0.3 has all or vey close to all of the 2.1 features..
    sorry for double post how about one that is just like 2.0.1 for now that has overclocking
  10. Droid Ninja
    nerdbox08's Avatar
    Member #
    22363
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,154
    Phone
    DROID .rwar.
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerxplur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyman View Post
    I would highly recommend the sholes rom, 2.0.3 if u want the 3D app drawer like 2.1 and 2.0.5 if you don't.. both have options durings install process to remove amazon and others.. over clock works and I'm stable even on 1ghz on my droid, although it seems like every phone is different so urs mayor may not be stable.. 800mhz is fast enough for me.. and sholes 2.0.3 has all or vey close to all of the 2.1 features..
    sorry for double post how about one that is just like 2.0.1 for now that has overclocking
    I believe to overclock, you just need a kernel, not an actual ROM. I could be full of horse crap though.

    You also need SetCPU to overclock the phone(found on the market), which has a small charge.

    You are more than welcome to look over the Android ROMs section for more information on each individual ROM.

    2.1 ROMs have reported some minor success for features, but the launcher itself keeps running into force closes and lagginess because the version of 2.1 was made for the Nexus, not the Droid. Once the OTA 2.1 update hits the air, we'll see much more stable versions of 2.1 rooted ROMs.

    My suggestion is to look at the 2.0.1 ROMs and go from there. They have some very nice features in each different ROM, just take a few minutes to look them over.
    I had a nice signature, but the mean ate it.
  11. Developer
    woodyman's Avatar
    Member #
    31911
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,610
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    @DroidConcepts
    Phone
    D1, D2, D3
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerxplur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyman View Post
    I would highly recommend the sholes rom, 2.0.3 if u want the 3D app drawer like 2.1 and 2.0.5 if you don't.. both have options durings install process to remove amazon and others.. over clock works and I'm stable even on 1ghz on my droid, although it seems like every phone is different so urs mayor may not be stable.. 800mhz is fast enough for me.. and sholes 2.0.3 has all or vey close to all of the 2.1 features..
    sorry for double post how about one that is just like 2.0.1 for now that has overclocking

    Download and flash the sholes 2.0.5 rom in that case it has more slots avalible, and u can select which features you want so u can select as many or little of the 2.1 features you want, you can even have stock theme or smoked glass.. and if you end up not liking that u can always flash a new rom..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Find us on Google+