[ HOW TO] Droid Root Helper > Busybox /Sprecovery
how to use Droid Root PRO.
things you will need:
Root see number 1
android Terminal by Jack Pal* (get it from the market)
Droid Root Helper or DRH Pro (get it from the market)
1.Root your droid, you can find all the information you need about rooting here: Obtaining Root | Root Your Droid
2. Use DroidRootPro get it from the marketplace.
3. Open up DroidRootPro, Hit the Menu Button (located between your back button and home button)and Click Get Tools
4. scroll down to Get the Tools it will download droidroothelper.zip to your downloads folder on your Sdcard.
5. using Astro or , Droid Root Explorer , or plugged in to your computer. move from your sdcard/downloads to the root of your sdcard and extract the file you will end up with a folder in the root of your Sdcard called "Tools"
6. Open DRP
hit “mount system read/write”
7. When it asks for SU permissions check the box that says “remember” or “always”, than hit allow. *NOTE it may force close on you the first time, if it does this open it back up and start it again.*
8.Once mounted find install busybox(installs to system/bin)
9.next install Flash_image (busybox must be installed first)
10.Than find where it says “Rename Recovery-from-Boot.p” … click that
11. Scroll all the to the bottom to where it says “Flash 99.2b recovery”, click that
12. Go back up to the top and hit either “mount system read only”
13. Then click sync
14. Reboot your phone
15. At this point you will have 0.99.1b Recovery, you want to have 0.99.3b.
So click this link to download 0.99.3b http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WYVFAUMQ
16. Once downloaded plug your Droid into your computer and mount it.
17. Copy the 99.3b Recovery file to the ROOT of your sd card. Unmount your droid.
18. Go to the marketplace and download Android Terminal Emulator.
19. Open Terminal Emulator and type DO NOT TYPE THE QUOTATION MARKS!
"su" press enter and allow
"flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-0.99.3b.img"
20. Now you will be in the recovery menu. Create a backup by navigating to BACKUP/RESTORE then select ADVANCED NANDROID BACKUP and check boot,cache,data,misc,recovery,system then select PERFORM BACKUP. Now you have a backup in case something goes wrong.
now you are all set to install a ROM of your choice check out this thread for all the ROMS
you can download your boot animations here>>>Boot Animations - Droidboots or get them else where
place your downloaded Boot Animation into Sdcard/Tools/Bootanimation
it must be named "bootanimation.zip"
Click Mount or Mtdblock4 system read/write
scroll down and press " Flash Bootanimation.zip (mount first and have busybox installed)
scrolldown and press "reboot" and watch your new Boot Animation