DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Need Help ..Thanks in Advance

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    786-271-6822

Need Help ..Thanks in Advance

Hey guys sorry about the frantic post..Let me tell you my situation.

Well I have a droid, that I love, and I am running sholes 2.03 via the market application. It's running overclocked at at 800 and has been running amazing for the past week.

Problem: Yesterday I put the droid in my front pocket forgot it was there. I leaned over to pet the dog and it fell out on to the carpet where the battery came out. The fall was only about 1 foot and I did not think it would be a problem. Now the phone refuses to display anything on the screen. I cannot boot into the recovery menu and when it is on it just displays a black screen with a little light. (until I pull the battery, then the screen is pitch black).

Has anyone ever seen this before? Does this have to do with the rom I was running? Did it just break like that? Please help I don't have insurance on the phone and just would like some tips before calling Verizon.
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    So your screen doesn't work at all? That's unfortunate.
    This is why you should ALWAYS get insurance with devices like this.

I'm not sure if it would be covered under manufacturer warranty. If there's no visible damage from the fall you might be able to get an exchange. Provided VZW doesn't find out you had root access and a ROM flashed.

I don't think your problem is related to the ROM. Chances are, in a fluke, something broke and now your display doesn't work.

Call VZW, don't incriminate yourself. Tell them it stopped working. See what comes of it.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    786-271-6822
    Damn... Yea I don't think its the rom.. Man that stinks. Thanks for the swift reply. If this has happened to anyone else, or you have an idea, please post it.

Links