DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Smoked glass theme

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Smoked glass theme

Could someone please help me. I'm trying to figure this out. I know this will sound strange to alot o you,but i do not have access to an internet connection other than that on my droid. Thats why i use the sholes rom. Im trying to see if it is possible to get the smoked glass theme without downloading a rom to computer etc.... i have read alot of the bb and other rom threads and it seems that even if you are already rooted you still have to have access to computer/internet. Is there any other way to get the smoked glass look. I have the sholes smoked glass rom running, but i would like more icons etc... any help would e appreciated.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    personally I found using Metamorph from the market as the easiest way to change the overall theme of just about everything on the phone.

there wasnt one theme i loved more than another, so i just took several parts of three themes, and Blakes great work on a customer Framework-Res and came up with my own theme.
    I also found a free image editing program online www.paint.net which will do transparent backgrounds, so i even changed some things on the themes myself.

the first pic of the green android on the screen is before doing my own changes, and you can see the signal bars are solid in color.
    in the last pics you can see i changed them to just an outline and made the background transparent.

Droidinator, ICE, and Smoked Glass are the three Metamorph themes I used. The launcher shade, notification bar, and notification pull down shade are all transparent smoked glass as you can see.

hope this helps give you some ideas!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Smoked glass theme-cap201002110051.jpg   Smoked glass theme-cap201002110052.jpg   Smoked glass theme-cap201002111107.jpg   Smoked glass theme-cap201002150759.jpg   Smoked glass theme-cap201002150800.jpg  

HTC Thunderbolt
    Finally rooted
    3DKobes ROM
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    here is one more screen shot to show the notification pull down shade
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Smoked glass theme-cap201002150801.jpg  
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Finally rooted
    3DKobes ROM
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    I don't see the difference in the smoked glass theme from Sholes ROM to AdamZ's ROM to BB....actually they were all taken from AdamZ's smoked glass theme, they all have the same theme

But now the Metamorph looks like a cool idea, I DL'd Metamorph and Andexplorer....and that's about as far as I've got lol....

It seems more confusing to me than all this other crap....maybe I just need to read a little bit more on it

Links